Author Topic: Picking colors is too far from actual color. Please address this.  (Read 1857 times)

Dorothyfan1

When I use my finger to select the color to use for my next color gradient while painting…the puck goes too far from where my finger is touching. Please allow the puck to correctly reflect the location of the finger touching the color. If you need a demo of what I’m referring to please look at Infinite Painter for how this should be done.

Andreas Raninger

I think it is by design if I understand you right. I always get hillbilly-crazy when the colors are under my finger and not a bit away so that I can use the crosshair to pick the correct color. But you maybe meant something else. A setting that alters the offset of the puck might be handy if it's not already there?

lastaccess

Preferences -> Gesture -> Offset. Set everything to 0 and cross would be right under your finger.

Dorothyfan1

I think it is by design if I understand you right. I always get hillbilly-crazy when the colors are under my finger and not a bit away so that I can use the crosshair to pick the correct color. But you maybe meant something else. A setting that alters the offset of the puck might be handy if it's not already there?

Yes. A setting to offset the distance from the finger touching the area would be helpful. And yes, I do mean the area where my finger is touching the screen should be the area the puck or crosshair should be picking up. Instead it literally goes haif an inch outside the width of my finger. That’s not how it should work. Procreate’s version is far superior because it does what you’d expect it to do…get the color of the area your finger is touching on the screen.

Dorothyfan1

Preferences -> Gesture -> Offset. Set everything to 0 and cross would be right under your finger.

Perfect!! Now it works as I’d like it to be.

Andreas Raninger

Happy it worked out. ASP is really universal when it comes to adaptations. Thanks, lastaccess. I guess you live under the hood of ASP.  ;)