Author Topic: Suggestion for masks  (Read 1846 times)

LCArt

Suggestion for masks
on: May 28, 2021, 02:00:45 AM
could you do it so if i select something in a mask layer and use "edit > clear" it works as an eraser instead of painting the selected area white? >.< i think it makes more sense

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Suggestion for masks
Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 05:34:54 AM
Edit Clear on mask now fills it with black, which is expected behaviour. It works the same way in other apps.

LCArt

Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 05:58:54 PM
Edit Clear on mask now fills it with black, which is expected behaviour. It works the same way in other apps.
Do you mean in next beta update? because right now it removes the color (transparent, not white or black)

Anyways i explained myself poorly, i meant act the same way as the eraser tool does on mask layers, aka painting black ^^U
Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 06:01:03 PM by LCArt

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 04:02:26 AM
Ok, here it how it works now:
- it fill with black when there is only one mask for a layer, or it is the first mask over a layer
- it clears for second and other masks

LCArt

Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 04:59:46 AM
its bugged then, i only have one mask layer and its clearing instead of painting black. Mask was created as reveal all, tried with hide all and ""works"" (it stills clears instead of painting white, since its hide all i assume clear will fill white instead of white (?))

I think its also my fault, i thought since you let us choose "show all" and "hide all", the layer "remembered" which type of mask it is, so "clear" reacted to that, but i guess picking "show" or "hide" is just a filling shortcut so "clear" can only do one thing in the end, in this case deleting the color information of the mask layer (turning the selection transparent) :\

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #5 on: June 04, 2021, 06:15:25 AM
No, app doesn't remember how mask was created. So eraser always paints black.