Author Topic: BUG: Right Thumbnail/Wrong file being opened.  (Read 1814 times)

Lostar

BUG: Right Thumbnail/Wrong file being opened.
on: May 02, 2021, 12:37:14 PM
I ran into an issue today after doing some file organization maintenance within ArtStudio Pro. The thumbnail presents the image I want opened. The version history shows the correct progression of the file I want opened. However, when I open the file, it keeps opening a completely different piece of art. Desperate for help. I can't access this file whatsoever and therefore I am unable to continue on this piece.

I cannot figure out how to access the .artstudio file affected by this outside of the program. As soon as I can, I will post it as an attatchement.

Another clue of note: The image that is being opened up instead of the expected image is one that I had deleted awhile back.
Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 12:45:32 PM by Lostar

Dorothyfan1

Re: BUG: Right Thumbnail/Wrong file being opened.
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 03:26:50 PM
This sounds like a cache issue. If the cache is cleared and you're still experiencing this bug that's when I'd be concerned. I'd also be suspicious of file sizes because I'm wondering if that could also cause this problem. BTW I don't work for Lucky Clan as I'm not affiliated with their team at all. I'm just making a comment on what I think about this and what might be causing the issue.
Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 03:28:51 PM by Dorothyfan1

Lostar

Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 06:12:50 PM
You wouldn't know how to clear the cache specific to artstudio pro, by chance? I use an iPad Pro 3rd generation. All I can find on the google search so far is how to clear Safari's cache.

Dorothyfan1

Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 06:40:32 PM
You wouldn't know how to clear the cache specific to artstudio pro, by chance? I use an iPad Pro 3rd generation. All I can find on the google search so far is how to clear Safari's cache.

Excellent question..as my suggestion does suggest this should be possible. Alas, there is no cache reset option for ArtStudio Pro. So I’m at a complete loss how to accomplish this. I think the last resort option is to backup all files and then wipe and then reinstall ArtStudio Pro. But I wouldn’t do this because of all the settings you’d lose like brush settings, etc.

I think now would be a good time to request Lucky Clan to design a backup feature to store all brush settings for backup. So in case something this drastic becomes necessary…at least you’d have the backup of your brush settings you can reinstall. This would be so convenient. I sincerely hope Lucky Clan does this.

acelaena

Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 02:51:50 PM
You can access your files by Files app > on my ipad > Artstudio pro!

Also not LuckyClan but I am a developer, and I'm suspecting something hiccuped when the file was deleted. .artstudio files have a thumbnail separate from the layer contents and between crashes, running out of battery, or random miscellaneous weather events sometimes things do hiccup and it's likely your deleted file's layer contents replaced the file that you were working on. Probably no way to get that file back unless you have a backup.

It's a shame artstudio doesn't move deleted files to recently deleted section in the Files app, and rather outright deletes them with no chance of retrieval other than external backup.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 06:33:58 AM
Thumbnails in Artstudio are managed by system, it is hard to say why thumbnail is wrong in your case...