Author Topic: The Smudge tool is introducing neutral gray tones where it’s not needed.  (Read 1711 times)

Dorothyfan1

I’m noticing an issue with the smudge tool. It’s not a bug but apparently it’s something that’s bothering me about the implementation of the smudge tool in ASP that I think needs reworking.

When one thinks of the smudge tool one thinks of blending colors. But the issue with the smudge tool in ASP is that the Smudge tool isn’t blending colors. It’s “hiding” colors instead. For example, if you take two colors side by side and use the smudge tool you’d expect them to seamlessly merge the two colors into one. But that’s not the Smudge tool in ASP is doing. Instead it’s “hiding” the colors. I’m noticing when I try smudging two colors...the smudge tool is introducing a neutral gray color and it’s not one of the two colors I’m trying to blend. Where is this neutral grey color coming from? I would expect the smudge tool to “grab” the colors and mash them together and blend the two colors to make a seamless smooth color. That’s not what’s happening here.

acelaena

Don't know if you figured this out for yourself yet or not but if smudge isn't at 100% opacity it will erase the current layer a bit. So, if you want blending with no erasing, turn dynamics>opacity off and set the opacity to 100

Dorothyfan1

Don't know if you figured this out for yourself yet or not but if smudge isn't at 100% opacity it will erase the current layer a bit. So, if you want blending with no erasing, turn dynamics>opacity off and set the opacity to 100

What setting will do this and where can I find this?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Please put some screenshots and write which brush you are using.

I’m noticing an issue with the smudge tool. It’s not a bug but apparently it’s something that’s bothering me about the implementation of the smudge tool in ASP that I think needs reworking.

When one thinks of the smudge tool one thinks of blending colors. But the issue with the smudge tool in ASP is that the Smudge tool isn’t blending colors. It’s “hiding” colors instead. For example, if you take two colors side by side and use the smudge tool you’d expect them to seamlessly merge the two colors into one. But that’s not the Smudge tool in ASP is doing. Instead it’s “hiding” the colors. I’m noticing when I try smudging two colors...the smudge tool is introducing a neutral gray color and it’s not one of the two colors I’m trying to blend. Where is this neutral grey color coming from? I would expect the smudge tool to “grab” the colors and mash them together and blend the two colors to make a seamless smooth color. That’s not what’s happening here.