Author Topic: Version 3.1 BETA  (Read 17227 times)

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Version 3.1 BETA
on: March 17, 2021, 01:06:56 PM
I have just released the first beta 3.1!!!
Please leave your remarks in this thread.
If anybody wants to join beta tests - please send your email to [email protected]

Version 3.1 should be available on the App Store in about 2 weeks.

hervampire32

Re: Version 3.1 BETA
Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 07:12:03 PM
Nice update man! I used elastify on the top toolbar and renamed it using an EMOJI. It worked! I wanted to have a logo for it and not text haha.

Not related to the painting functions, I wanted to see the interface of the gallery change. My ideas are from adobe apps, especially fresco. Where there will be a panel on the left side having:

HOME - where the preset sizes are displayed + custom size, and a big cover where it says "Welcome to ASP!" and a button where you can see the latest updates installed

Gallery - Your works are displayed, bigger thumbnails for recent or favorite works

Forum - shortcut to this forum etc

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 04:35:17 AM
Emoji - good idea :)

Gallery - we will probably soon switch to system Document Browser Controller...

Endoraniendo

Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 09:34:39 AM
The new beta is awesome! TestFlight on M1 does not work. Do you know any tricks to get the beta on to the M1?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 10:23:16 AM
I think it is not possible, sorry...

The new beta is awesome! TestFlight on M1 does not work. Do you know any tricks to get the beta on to the M1?

Endoraniendo

Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 11:47:52 AM
ASP still works a lot better on the iPad anyway. :)
BTW, Undo gesture doesn't work for me. A bug?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #6 on: March 18, 2021, 03:07:45 PM
Maybe you are trying to use it in Pencil Only mode?
Or you disabled it in Preferences > Gestures?

I need all you Preferences options, and app screenshot to tell why it doesn’t work.

ASP still works a lot better on the iPad anyway. :)
BTW, Undo gesture doesn't work for me. A bug?

Endoraniendo

Reply #7 on: March 18, 2021, 03:59:22 PM
Pencil only mode. Damn! Thanks! I was almost through the iPad display, poking like hell.  ;D

Husketch

Reply #8 on: March 18, 2021, 04:28:20 PM
Awesome beta so far, thanks!!

Regarding Undo, in the latest Public version: the finger (in Pencil-only mode) doesn’t draw but still does gestures. Which is the expected behaviour.
In this beta: in pencil-only mode the finger stops drawing AND stops undo gestures.
Something needs to be adjusted  ::)
I use latest iOS and iPad Pro 2018

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #9 on: March 19, 2021, 04:51:21 AM
I have just tested that, and everything is ok in both App Store version and Beta version.
If you want to use Undo/Redo gestures in Pencil Only mode, you have to just set it in Preferences > Apple Pencil > 'PENCIL ONLY' MODE > Allow Finger Undo Gesture

Awesome beta so far, thanks!!

Regarding Undo, in the latest Public version: the finger (in Pencil-only mode) doesn’t draw but still does gestures. Which is the expected behaviour.
In this beta: in pencil-only mode the finger stops drawing AND stops undo gestures.
Something needs to be adjusted  ::)
I use latest iOS and iPad Pro 2018

Husketch

Reply #10 on: March 19, 2021, 06:58:47 AM
Oh yes -Sorry I missed that setting! Was looking inside the “gestures” preferences.
Works perfectly now. Thanks!!

lastaccess

Reply #11 on: March 19, 2021, 09:23:30 AM
Painted in beta several hours on pretty big file (400 mb). Critical mistakes and instability are not found.

Thanks for adding disabling erase blending on color pick. The only thing is it's works only with holding pencil on screen, color picking with double tap on apple pencil 2nd gen doesn't turn erase blending off.

Also, check panels if it is not on purpose. They are use different logic. Reference panel can be under top bar menu. I mean top bar menu doesn't move reference panel down on opening. And that's very cool.
Layers and color panels are moved down by opening top bar menu. Ideally, top bar menu shouldn't waste any screen space by moving panels down on its opening.

Warp tool works great. Thanks for work time statistics. The only thing I need is quick shapes and Artstudio would fit all my needs. And you still need to work a bit on design, there is place to improve. A bit later I'll write about it.

Thanks for awesome job!

lastaccess

Reply #12 on: March 19, 2021, 10:17:32 AM
Here are my suggestion about design. I paint in Artstudio on daily basis half a year, so its not theoretical but practical vision.

Here on screenshot my ideal sidebar. At the moment, layer panel and color panels are too big and it is not possible to place in a row reference/navigator panel. All unnecessary buttons can me moved under submenu to make panels smaller.

It should be pin lockers on every panel. You can move them accidentally, you can close them accidentally by pressing color icon instead of brush icon. I’d like to have this sidebar all the time without changing.

I think changes above is necessary for cleaner design and usability.

And menu in one line on top bar isn’t necessary, but would be good to have an option to place it like on screenshot. It should be faster and convenient to operate with commands, then placing these TRA, ELA, CLE, INV, etc in top bar. These abbreviations are hard too remember, after several hours of painting I found that it is easier for me to use these actions from quick menu. But still ability to put transform icon on a top bar is cool thing.

Thanks.

Endoraniendo

Reply #13 on: March 19, 2021, 01:29:46 PM
Will the macos 3.1 version be released with the same tools like warp when the ipad version is released?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #14 on: March 19, 2021, 02:21:43 PM
Issues you reported are fixed in the latest beta

Painted in beta several hours on pretty big file (400 mb). Critical mistakes and instability are not found.

Thanks for adding disabling erase blending on color pick. The only thing is it's works only with holding pencil on screen, color picking with double tap on apple pencil 2nd gen doesn't turn erase blending off.

Also, check panels if it is not on purpose. They are use different logic. Reference panel can be under top bar menu. I mean top bar menu doesn't move reference panel down on opening. And that's very cool.
Layers and color panels are moved down by opening top bar menu. Ideally, top bar menu shouldn't waste any screen space by moving panels down on its opening.

Warp tool works great. Thanks for work time statistics. The only thing I need is quick shapes and Artstudio would fit all my needs. And you still need to work a bit on design, there is place to improve. A bit later I'll write about it.

Thanks for awesome job!