Author Topic: Version 3.1 BETA  (Read 17229 times)

lastaccess

Re: Version 3.1 BETA
Reply #30 on: March 25, 2021, 09:22:55 AM
Tool Options icon added to top bar doesn’t work in last beta.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #31 on: March 25, 2021, 10:00:05 AM
It shouldn't be allowed there, we will fix it.

Tool Options icon added to top bar doesn’t work in last beta.

lastaccess

Reply #32 on: March 25, 2021, 10:50:55 AM
Perspective grid works incorrectly. You can change it but result can’t be saved.

didn't you skip it? Perspective tool is unusable at the moment.

It shouldn't be allowed there, we will fix it.

Ok, I wrote about it because it worked in previous beta.
Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 10:53:02 AM by lastaccess

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #33 on: March 25, 2021, 12:13:21 PM
Working on a fix now

Perspective grid works incorrectly. You can change it but result can’t be saved.

JoseConseco

Reply #34 on: March 25, 2021, 12:17:25 PM
Hi nice updates in the beta
I was wondering - are there any chances for UI update - I remember after previous release lots of people were having suggestions about how to reduce space taken by the Brush panels, Color wheel or layers . Right now they are huge, and take lot of drawing space.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #35 on: March 25, 2021, 12:29:57 PM
More compact panels options is planned for the future, now i'm not sure how to do it keeping all features.

Hi nice updates in the beta
I was wondering - are there any chances for UI update - I remember after previous release lots of people were having suggestions about how to reduce space taken by the Brush panels, Color wheel or layers . Right now they are huge, and take lot of drawing space.

mattnava

• Creative/Art Director. The Pathless, ABZÛ, Journey
    • Matt Nava Portfolio
Reply #36 on: March 26, 2021, 12:17:11 AM
I noticed that hotkeys assigned to show/hide panels seem to not be working in the 3.1 beta. I tested colors, layers, brushes, and tool options, with customized hotkeys assigned to them. Pressing the hotkey, nothing happens. I'm on an iPad Pro 2018.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #37 on: March 26, 2021, 01:52:22 PM
It is fixed in the latest beta.

I noticed that hotkeys assigned to show/hide panels seem to not be working in the 3.1 beta. I tested colors, layers, brushes, and tool options, with customized hotkeys assigned to them. Pressing the hotkey, nothing happens. I'm on an iPad Pro 2018.

ggermain1

Reply #38 on: March 26, 2021, 02:43:25 PM
Minor issue. I seem to no longer be able to tap either the brush, color, or layer panel icons to make the their panels disappear anymore.

mattnava

• Matt Nava Portfolio
Reply #39 on: March 26, 2021, 02:53:42 PM
It is fixed in the latest beta.

Cool! I noticed that the hotkeys work as expected for the color/brushes/tool options- pressing the hotkey toggles the panel now. However, It seems that the layers panel will only appear with the hotkey, it wont disappear when you press the hotkey again, like the other panels.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #40 on: March 26, 2021, 03:42:17 PM
Yea, we changed that to only show panels after user request...

Minor issue. I seem to no longer be able to tap either the brush, color, or layer panel icons to make the their panels disappear anymore.

lastaccess

Reply #41 on: March 26, 2021, 03:54:39 PM

And that’s great. Thanks. Very cool it doesn’t close anymore on accidental touches.

But I suggested a bit different logic of it.

1. If you tap on panel icon to open it and didn’t drag it yet to pin to screen, then you can close it by top bar icon.
2. If you opened panel and dragged it to pin to screen, it can’t be closed by top bar icon, only by cross on panel.

This will suit to all users. It keeps old behaviour and has new one with closing protection.

Thanks again for implementing closing protection.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #42 on: March 26, 2021, 05:53:06 PM
I absolutely agree, we will fix it on Monday.

And that’s great. Thanks. Very cool it doesn’t close anymore on accidental touches.

But I suggested a bit different logic of it.

1. If you tap on panel icon to open it and didn’t drag it yet to pin to screen, then you can close it by top bar icon.
2. If you opened panel and dragged it to pin to screen, it can’t be closed by top bar icon, only by cross on panel.

This will suit to all users. It keeps old behaviour and has new one with closing protection.

Thanks again for implementing closing protection.

mattnava

• Matt Nava Portfolio
Reply #43 on: March 26, 2021, 06:01:10 PM
I think that for users like me who are using keyboard shortcuts to open and close the panels, its unintuitive if they dont/hide show on the button press, regardless of whether the panel has been "pinned" or not. I would ask that you maintain that functionality in your new iteration, please! I use it constantly.

For what its worth, I liked the old behavior where tapping the icon on the bar would always toggle the panel, regardless of its pinned state.

It could be more visually clear that the panel is pinned, perhaps a thin outline around it or something to show that its in that state would be a simpler way to clarify how it will act.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #44 on: March 26, 2021, 06:29:27 PM
Shortucts behavious will not change

I think that for users like me who are using keyboard shortcuts to open and close the panels, its unintuitive if they dont/hide show on the button press, regardless of whether the panel has been "pinned" or not. I would ask that you maintain that functionality in your new iteration, please! I use it constantly.

For what its worth, I liked the old behavior where tapping the icon on the bar would always toggle the panel, regardless of its pinned state.

It could be more visually clear that the panel is pinned, perhaps a thin outline around it or something to show that its in that state would be a simpler way to clarify how it will act.