Author Topic: Autohide menu bar  (Read 1688 times)

Ben

Autohide menu bar
on: December 12, 2020, 01:45:28 PM
When you open the menu bar, it stays there until I click the menu icon again. I don’t want it to stay open. Please add the option to close it again when tapping anywhere else.

Alternatively you can make the autohide default (because that is how menus work in all programs) and add a docking or pin icon that we can activate as needed when we want it to stay open.

Another Option is to use swipe menu actions, you start by touching the menu icon, hold finger on the screen, and swipe through the menu, then once you reached the function in the menu that you want to activate, lift the finger from the screen and the function activates + the menu disappears:

lastaccess

Re: Autohide menu bar
Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 04:25:08 PM
I suggested autohiding of menu and LuckyClan answered it can be done in future updates. The most thing I don’t like about this menu bar, that it moves all panels down to the height of bar. This menu bar should be on top of all elements, not to move them.

Also, I’d make optional menu with first letters right on the top bar. If it can be set in settings, that would be great.

Ben

Re: Autohide menu bar
Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 08:37:53 AM
Good point on the movement of open panels, it should indeed be on top of everything.