Author Topic: iCloud work overwritten, lost work  (Read 1616 times)

Tufty

iCloud work overwritten, lost work
on: December 11, 2020, 10:43:33 AM
I switch between two iPads (we’ll call them iA and iB) depending on where I am or where I’m going. I opened a pic I was working on today on my other iPad(iA) expecting it to sync like it always does. Except it never did. I went back to my other iPad(iB) to see if it was connected to WiFi, it was. I opened the file in ArtStudio and it was there where I left off. Then I went back to my other iPad(iA) and waited... nothing. Closed and re-opened to app, nothing. Went back to my other iPad(iB) and did the same thing. This time it synced... the old version popped up on the iPad(iB) the recent work was done on. iPad(iA) still shows the same file. It shows that it was modified when I opened the old version on iPad(iA). Usually a version conflict message pops up and I can choose which file to keep. This didn’t happen.

Not happy.

The iCloud sync feature has been really nice and reliable until today. Now I’m extremely apprehensive about using it. Especially for commission work.

I hope this was an isolated incident.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: iCloud work overwritten, lost work
Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 09:57:31 AM
If you are using iCloud, you can revert to any previous save in Artstudio Pro. Just go to Gallery, tap Edit, select a document and tap 'Revert' icon in the top toolbar.

Tufty

Re: iCloud work overwritten, lost work
Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 03:36:49 PM
Fantastic! I had no idea that was there.....

This app urgently needs a manual/documentation.