Author Topic: Suggestion: Important Hotkeys  (Read 2256 times)

Rokka

• Professional Artist
    • Portfolio
Suggestion: Important Hotkeys
on: November 03, 2020, 12:49:52 PM
Congratulations for version 3.0! App took a huge step forward!

There are still some hotkeys that I miss all the time in my painting process.

My wish list is:
Alpha select Add/subract: Alpha select add and subtract should have hotkeys. Professional artists who work with layers use these all the time.
Merge selected layers: I wish a hotkey for merge selected layers, I use this many times more than only merge, which already have a hotkey.
Transform tool corner strech: transform tool could have a hotkey with which the corners could be stretched freely and perspective stretch mode could have its own hotkey (example Shift and alt).
Brush size: Changing a brush size with finger lags a lot, most of the time it doesn't understand the first swipe (it’s super frustrating). In addition to that, finger swiping breaks a pipeline, as most of the time users have one hand on the keyboard and the other hand holds a pen; for changing the brush size, it’s needed to use a finger (which artists don't normally use for anything else). Currently there’s also another way for changing the brush size by tapping hotkeys, but it’s too slow in many cases (e.g. when you want to change a brush size fast on a larger scale). So is it possible to make a hotkey, that you can press down and change a size by swiping with the pen vertically (and maybe another key for alpha too)?
One sized, straight line brush stroke: Is it possible to fix a straight line brush stroke to understand the pressure dynamically and adjust the line thickness?

Patronex

Re: Suggestion: Important Hotkeys
Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 12:55:27 PM
A hotkey with function enabling mode where combined with ipad pencil drag while holding the key, followed with action left right or up down for size and opacity manipulation as a duo would be incredible. It may seems complex, but for artist who rely heavely on speed through shorcuts its a must.. +1

luministdream

Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 12:39:53 AM
Hello! I support the request for hotkeys. Especially on mac os. Please make separate hotkey settings for most actions. This will greatly speed up and simplify the work.

Rokka

• Professional Artist
    • Portfolio
Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 03:21:18 PM
Yeah, exactly!

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 08:33:41 AM
Do you have any examples of similar feature in other apps?