Author Topic: BUG: Saving edited Brushes  (Read 1989 times)

Kardas

BUG: Saving edited Brushes
on: October 10, 2020, 09:34:07 AM
Edit:Bug description on my second post.

Hello. First off, great update.

Saving edited brushes is a bit convoluted and adds brush waste, since there’s no option to overwrite an edited brush, just ‘add current’ is an option. Making small changes becomes a bit of a hassle. I searched the issue and found a dev promise of introducing a “ Edit > Save workflow” option in 3.0, but it’s not present so far. I think just having an option “overwrite/save brush changes”  in the brush editor drop down where all the other brush/import related options are would suffice.

Best wishes.
Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 11:37:47 AM by Kardas

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Saving edited Brushes
Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 10:56:58 AM
We did it in version 3.0.
Now you have to tap on a brush to edit it, and finally just tap Save or Cancel.

Kardas

Re: Saving edited Brushes
Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 11:12:59 AM
Thank you for the answer. I see what happened then. It seems to be a bug.

I select a brush from the brush ‘favourites’ panel. Then i press on the brush tip icon to open the brush editor, but since the editor doesn’t automatically switch to the brush/group of the favourited brush, but stays on the last ‘directly’ selected brush, I can only edit it by pressing ‘edit current brush’ to edit it, or go on a hunt through groups to find the same exact brush. If I press ‘edit brush’ then the ‘save’ option is not present, just ‘close’. If I find it through groups, it has that option.

Edit: added a screenshot

https://pasteboard.co/Jv0Vf4M.jpg

Edit2: seems like going through favourites isn’t at fault, it’s just the drop down ‘edit current brush’ instead of clicking on the brush picture doesn’t give the option to save. I think going through ‘edit current brush’ should give that option as well, otherwise selecting favourite brushes would need to open favourited brushes group and the brush be selected for quick visual clarity. I think the 1st option would be better for enhanced brush multitasking opportunities. But 2nd option may be more in line with expected logic.
Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 11:30:18 AM by Kardas

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: BUG: Saving edited Brushes
Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 04:50:45 AM
To edit brush in fav tool, you have to indeed use ‘Edit Current Brush’ option.
Then finally open Favorite Tools popover and tap  ‘Add Current’ again, and remove the old item.

We will consider simplifying this process in the future.

Kardas

Re: BUG: Saving edited Brushes
Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 05:49:02 AM
Thank you, that’s a good workaround. Probably would be good to have the ‘save’ button for favourite brush editing that does the same thing, just automates this same process, but keeps the brush order intact in the favourites panel.