Author Topic: Keep paint wet?  (Read 2717 times)

Tufty

Keep paint wet?
on: September 28, 2020, 05:33:01 PM
I’ve noticed that the “wet paint” tool lets the paint “dry” between strokes. Because of this, I can no longer blend the paint after I’ve lifted the pencil and started a new stroke.

Is there a setting to keep the paint wet? I’ve looked all through the settings, maybe I missed it.

If there’s no option for this or this is the intended behavior, then adding the option would be a suggestion. :)

Video attached for clarification.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Keep paint wet?
Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 06:57:18 PM
I understand what you mean. This is how our brush engine is working at the moment. Maybe we add that in the future

Tufty

Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 07:47:33 PM
That would be much appreciated. :D

GrsttcGndl

Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 07:31:34 PM
I honestly don’t understand how do people use wet brushes without the whole layer remaining wet.I think I bought every drawing apps in the hopes of finding an app that allows you to paint and blend at the same time, kind of like Paint Tool Sai does!

The wet brush engine is great, but every strokes drying instantly is really holding back its potential
Hoping more people show interest in this feature, it’d be a game changer!

luministdream

Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 04:58:02 AM
I fully support the request for this feature! Really miss her! I would very much like to see it in the next versions! This would help a lot in drawing. I myself dream when it appears in your wonderful application. Do it please!

Ben

Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 07:05:34 AM
You could add a “dry paint icon” below the current “load paint button” in the left bar.

I honestly don’t understand how do people use wet brushes without the whole layer remaining wet.I think I bought every drawing apps in the hopes of finding an app that allows you to paint and blend at the same time, kind of like Paint Tool Sai does!

The wet brush engine is great, but every strokes drying instantly is really holding back its potential
Hoping more people show interest in this feature, it’d be a game changer!

Did you try Adobe fresco or Realistic paint studio? They may have a more realistic wet brush.