Author Topic: In love... would only change these things.  (Read 3122 times)

Tufty

In love... would only change these things.
on: September 24, 2020, 01:42:34 AM
Found out about this app this morning and I’ve already abandoned procreate. Especially since they’ve abandoned their users that have been asking for industry standard features for years on end with no clear sign of ever implementing them.

Anyway, only things I would change:

1. Copy infinite painter’s reference system(see video attached). Double tapping flips the image. Maybe improve it by having a quick crop mode(triple tap?).

2. Give us the option for quick pinch to zoom to fill or fit. I know there’s a gesture I can set for zoom to fill, but I wish I could just use quick pinch.

3. Give us a color picker for the accent color of the UI. Orange is cool, but I’d like to change it up occasionally.

4. I have custom fonts installed, yet I can’t pick them from the text tool(maybe this is a bug?).

Pretty minor things. Everything else is perfect.
Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 10:15:13 AM by Tufty

acelaena

Re: In love... would only change these things.
Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 03:04:55 PM
4. I have custom fonts installed, yet I can’t pick them from the text tool(maybe this is a bug?).

Same, would love if I could use directly from custom installed system fonts instead of having to double-install for artstudio and all other apps

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 05:50:47 PM
Reference panel will be imroved in 3.1 or 3.2, with multiple references for sure.

Changing accent color - maybe in the future

Fonts - yes, we have to improve this as iOS 14 changed the way of using custom fonts.

Tufty

Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 06:06:53 PM
Thanks! The only other thing that would be a little more convenient is an option to automatically switch to transform mode after closing a lasso selection.

Quick menu works okay for now. It would just be a nice luxury.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 06:41:08 AM
I cannot reproduce problem with custom fonts, all fonts are working fine, i can add new ttf/otf fonts without problems - so can you send more details?

Tufty

Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 08:10:25 AM
I was able to import custom fonts into the app. At the time I was assuming out worked like procreate which uses system installed custom fonts.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 08:25:24 AM
iOS Font Picker was added in iOS 13. And we are still supporting iOS 12, so for the moment we will rather not use it.

Ben

Reply #7 on: February 11, 2021, 07:28:20 PM
I would also like to have a customizable UI accent color picker, I was never a fan of Orange, for some weird reason it makes me a little uncomfortable  ::)