Author Topic: Fine until the iOS14 overhaul.  (Read 3343 times)

Scourge

Fine until the iOS14 overhaul.
on: September 23, 2020, 05:15:48 AM
Now it crashes frequently, but my first and overriding issue is the interface overhaul; moving the sliders for opacity & size to the left, from the original bottom. This is very cumbersome and annoying; I keep hitting the sliders when trying to draw, and it’s awkward to access that side, having mobility issues and one-handed because of a disability. The original position at the bottom was excellent, out of the way and very easy to access!

I’m looking at Procreate now as a new default. This change in Studio has rendered the app unusable.

I suggest to either move the sliders back, or have the option to sticky them left (new) or bottom (old) for a user’s preference.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Fine until the iOS14 overhaul.
Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 06:57:28 AM
Tools in procreate are at the top as well, so why do you think Artstudio is unusable and Procreate is ok?

lastaccess

Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 07:27:47 AM
Tools in procreate are at the top as well, so why do you think Artstudio is unusable and Procreate is ok?

It’s just emotional blackmailing:) but I agree with topic starter that sliders on a left is not the best solution (Procreate has good looking design, but not the best usability). Just make sliders as a floating panel that can be put on any side (left, right, bottom, top) and all these talks are gone.

megaboy1

Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 09:00:53 AM

It’s just emotional blackmailing:)

I noticed you keep posting this kind of remark to people expressing remorse over the app's big change.
Stop muddling their posts please. You don't know what other people's motivation is.

lastaccess

Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 09:32:28 AM

It’s just emotional blackmailing:)

I noticed you keep posting this kind of remark to people expressing remorse over the app's big change.
Stop muddling their posts please. You don't know what other people's motivation is.

In my opinion, messages like “make smth or I’ll go to other apps” is blackmailing, intentional or not. More often not intentional, it’s just emotions. Didn’t meant smth bad about topic starter, it’s kind of humor.

acelaena

Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 03:13:39 AM

Not OP but one of the main reasons why I chose artstudio over procreate is because the interface was nicer and functioned more similarly to photoshop, which is what I was used to. And it could import .ABR (which procreate as far as I knew couldn't at the time AS pro was released).

Now, there's not much difference between procreate and artstudio in interface. The biggest selling point with the interface was that I could choose between cleaner interface and bigger canvas, or more options with fewer clicks and hand movement.

I still see no reason for me personally to switch to procreate because I like artstudio better and it's what I'm used to, but I can see reasons why people would switch because Procreate has some better options for animation and other cool features.

Scourge

Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 05:58:57 AM

It’s the sliders that’s the problem - I dug deep and found the ‘left hand user’ mirror feature, so now that issue is nearly perfect now, still cumbersome at the reduced size but now at least I can paint & see what I’m doing. Procreate’s sliders are by default/immovable on the right side, hence why it’s initial advantage over ArtStudio’s overhaul of moving those buttons.

Scourge

Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 06:11:31 AM
Update - After digging through the preferences / layout menus, I found the option to swap the sliders to the right side. This is great, but for mobility accessibility, it’d be flawless if there was a third option to drag & drop the sliders as a floating menu, or fix it to the original bottom tab.

My only suggestions and concerns now are:

- Third option for pinned tool sliders e.g size & opacity, colour picking/wheel
- Increase the size of the undo / redo shortcut buttons

Attached is an example of size increase - left update/current vs right new/my idea.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #8 on: September 25, 2020, 05:18:19 PM
Thanks, we will consider bigger toolbar soon.