Author Topic: How to draw simple oval? I just can’t get it ...  (Read 644 times)

lwmason

How to draw simple oval? I just can’t get it ...
on: December 29, 2019, 07:55:47 PM
I do auto illustrating, and trying to find software that will work for my iPad Pro.
I only mention that to show how important the oval tool is to me.
I cannot draw a simple oval. I bring the oval tool up and get marching ants and an active or filled center. When I go to ‘transform’, I only get a double width square box with points to adjust or pull, but cannot see the oval for reference.
Is there a way to just draw a simple oval with no fill and I can see it while I am drawing—an actual line/brush stroke, no marching ants? I am embarrassed to ask this and do so after looking everywhere. Any help that someone new to this program can understand would be most appreciated.
A flexible guide or french curve would be great too, in a future release.
Thank you very much for any help you may impart on this simple but frustrating issue for me.
Regards,
LW Mason
Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 08:01:52 PM by lwmason

Sasha

Re: How to draw simple oval? I just can’t get it ...
Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 01:58:37 PM
You can set the drawing mode to Ellipse to draw ovals, but that is a bad solution. Too hidden, too many clicks to get to the ellipse, and then you need to do all the steps again to turn the mode off to continue drawing. Placing the ellipse accurately is also only possible with the transform tool, which requires even more steps. Artstudio pro really needs drawing guides like the ellipse guide in infinite painter, which is almost perfect and very efficient.