Author Topic: brush studio, perspective guides, color harmony, freeform guides  (Read 3548 times)

Andrewsouthern

A few quick things I thought of while using ASP the other day:

Perspective Guides
I was using the perspective guides last week.. really powerful feature!! I hadn't seen them before, I would say it would be nice to edit the perspective guides while creating them (like picking their color/thickness).

Brush Creation
I scoped out the procreate beta and I have to say, I think ASP does a much better job with Abr imports.. and honestly the brush engine in general, to me, feels way better in Art Studio than procreate, so cheers! I do like procreate's brush studio in the way you can kind of mess with a brush and see changes on a scratch pad to the right. Makes brush creation a bit easier.

Color harmony
I know I've said it before but it would be really nice to have color harmonies / gamut lock for the color palette.

Freeform Guides/rulers
I'm not exactly sure how to explain this, but I really love the way Clip Studio uses their rulers. Rulers is sort of a misnomer because they really aren't used for measuring. They allow you to 'lock' your brush to a path.. it's super useful when free handing long sweeping curves or ellipses etc.

Honestly I kind of feel bad even suggesting things because this is such a powerful program. Thanks for all your work! :)

LCArt

Re: brush studio, perspective guides, color harmony, freeform guides
Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 07:26:03 PM
totally agree, we need a better way of creating brushes, changing an option, closing the panel, testing, opening the panel... gets super annoying after a bit :(

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: brush studio, perspective guides, color harmony, freeform guides
Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 04:36:31 PM
Use View > Perspective Grid Settings to edit it

Brush editor will be moved to floating panel, so it will be much easier to edit and try the  brush.

Gamut lock - how does it work?

Free ruler - i will add it to our big todo list