Author Topic: Really annoying bug  (Read 3858 times)

LCArt

Really annoying bug
on: November 24, 2019, 09:44:03 PM
Im using IpadOS 13.2.3, ArtStudio Pro 2.3.10 and when i use liquify, at random the canvas blinks black and everything i did in the liquify plugin vanishes, goes back to normal and i cant use the tool anymore, nothing works, i have to cancel and try again, losing the changed... the canvas also blinks black for a second at random, while drawing or while idle, i have no idea whats going on but it is super annoying...

Edit, just got the bug again while i was doing a stroke... the canvas blinked to black and the stroke got erased... it's almost impossible using the app without fearing losing something :S

Edit, ended up installing the beta version, 0 issues so far, maybe is something you added in the last update? :(

nvm, also happens on beta... maybe is not compatible with ios 13.2.3?
Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 11:59:31 PM by LCArt

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Really annoying bug
Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 03:35:14 AM
I have never encountered this problem, it must be very rare case.
Please write what shall i do to reproduce that.

LCArt

Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 05:56:45 PM
the thing is... i dont have any idea at all how to reproduce, is random, ill try to record it :S

LCArt

Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 08:19:10 PM
Ok, got it on video https://mega.nz/#!wi5CzC7T!hRM_XibACrv5gdx_pO_AKW66d7Q3Tv59wRSI9GFhHPU

things i noticed, a message saying "Editing disabled" appears and right after it dissapears, the canvas flashes, the currently drawing stroke is gone too and something i noticed today... the undo also gets removed, making undoing imposible. This same issue happens if im, for example, using the elastify plugin, the changes im currently working on gets reseted and also the undo :\

One thing i thought... could it be related to my internet connection? i recently activated the use of iCloud storage... and well, my internet is REALLY bad (Mexico's internet monopoly... sigh), and i noticed this bug happens when my internet disconnects or acts funny... no idea if it has something to do but it is all i can think of right now :\

Im going to try disabling iCloud for now and see if it happens again

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 03:05:16 AM
'Editing disabled' message comes from iOS iCloud, i cannot fix it.
After app receives this notifications it must block the interface and do some other things like reloading document (which also erases the undo stack)

It usually helps just to start new document.