Author Topic: Suggestions: Custom canvas size presets, Documents view improvements and more  (Read 4585 times)

Pri Vacy

I would like to suggest these features:
1) Ability to save custom canvas size presets and ability to delete existing ones that may not be used frequently.
2) Add math operations to the value editor. Examples: I want a color to have exactly half the current saturation so I just hit a /2 button in the value editor. I want a layer to move up by a certain amount of pixels (already possible but it would still be useful for multiple translations) -> I just add the amount I need without having to calculate it myself.
3) Display the value editor when tapping on Size and Flow, in order to input a specific value.
4) Add resolution, ppi and possibly color profile in the documents view alongside size.
5) Make the whole view more "iOS-like" by renaming files with a tap on their name, by adding drag and drop support and by adding long press menu support for actions like duplicating and deleting.
6) A trash can or a recently deleted folder would be much appreciated in my opinion because it happened a couple times that I had to delete more than a document but also selected (and deleted) one to keep by accident. Not that big of a deal if everything is backed up but I still see it being useful.
7) Being able to export more than one document at a time would also be an appreciated feature.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
1. It is planned
2. Idea is good, but we have more urgent things to do in a near future
3. You can do it in 'More...' popover
4. Documents view - what do you mean? You can change Resolution in Image>Resize Image, and assign/match Color Profile in Image>Color Profile
5. We will consider doing that in a future. Currently you can use Files app to do that if you don't like Artstudio options.
6. Thanks for reporting that, we will try to improve that asap.
7. You can do it in Files app

Pri Vacy

Hi, it's great to hear that most of the suggestions will be considered for future updates. As for the others, just some more details:

3) how to change the size? I can only change opacity and flow.
4) What I mean is add those info below a file's preview, as shown in the attachment.
7) By export I meant save the document in a specific format. The files app can only move .artstudio files.

Thanks for answering anyway and keep up the good work.
Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 07:49:11 AM by Pri Vacy

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
4. We cannot do this because:
- we would have to open document to read this info which would slow down scrolling a lot
- there is no space for this info

7. Yes, we will consider adding that in the future.

6. We are working on this, in new version deleted files will go to 'Recently Deleted'.
Just one remark - even in current version deleted documents, when using iCloud, can be recovered. You have to go to icloud.com, Settings, and at the bottom in Advanced section click 'Restore Files.

Pri Vacy

Thanks again for the answer but what about the 3)? I was editing the previous post while your answer was posted so I will post about it again

3) how to change the size? I can only change opacity and flow

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
3. Yea, you have to open Brush Editor > Stamp and change Diameter. It is not available in More... We will consider adding it.

Pri Vacy

What about a way to quickly toggle between color sliders and swatches in the color bar? The toggle could be added to quick menu or as a little button similar to the one in painting mode.
Just a question: it was stated that it will be possible to edit tools in painting mode and that's great but will the rulers and the top bar items (file, edit, layer, filters, open documents and so on) also be available in some way?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Swatches / slider toggle - we will consider implementing that.

Paint mode customization - sorry, it will be only possible to add tool icons.

anon247

Hey guys, enjoying ArtStudio Pro v.3 a lot! Wondering if the custom preset for canvas sizes are already in the update and if I've missed it somehow. Thanks!

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
They are not there, sorry.

anon247

Thank you for the reply