Author Topic: Toggle behavior needed on view selection options.  (Read 4347 times)

Kappa

Toggle behavior needed on view selection options.
on: August 03, 2019, 02:49:22 AM
Hey there,

The View menu has 3 options under Selection. Quick mask, Marching ants and None.

I tried to use the third through a keyboard shortcut so I can hide the selection when needed and I realized that it doesn’t have a toggle behavior. Using the shortcut again doesn’t toggle back into revealing the selection (like for example the lock transparency keyboard shortcut works.) It stays hidden until you choose another option from the menu to reveal the selection again.

My suggestion would be to have basically 2 options of displaying selections (quick mask and marching ants) and use a visible/invisible toggle keyboard shortcut to go back and forth between your current choice of displaying selections and hiding them all together. Another solution would be to just include the selection visibility in the Show helpers on/off option which already has a toggle behavior.

Thank you once again for this amazing app. I’m literally working full time now on my iPad because of it.

Keep up the great work!
Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 02:55:25 AM by Kappa

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Toggle behavior needed on view selection options.
Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 10:14:07 AM
I agree, we will do it.

Kappa

Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 03:14:33 AM
That’s great!   :D

GlennNorfolk

Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 06:41:25 AM
A very welcome suggestion. Can it also be applied please to the Quick Menu? At the moment, a Hide Selection button there is ‘Live’ even when Selection has been hidden.

And if we could have a Selection Mode button in QuickMenu that could toggle between Marching Ants and QuickMask?

Also, about Selections:

a) It would be really helpful if the Selection (Marquee?) is always made visible when making new selection? (Over-riding the setting for any previous selection).
b) Also…A great feature would be to have QuickMask editable. (I think you said this was something planned when mentioned before?)

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 07:44:11 AM
Toggled 'Hide Selection' quick menu item - it is done in version 2.2.7, available now.

Autosetting Marquee for new selections - why do you think it would be helpful?

Quick Mask editable - what do you mean?

GlennNorfolk

Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 03:24:51 AM
Strange… I’m using the latest version as available to me, either in TestFlight or iOS Apps Update : 2.2 (362). (No toggle option). [i’ve found this happening before, that sometimes App updates can arrive here after others have received them].

1. Toggle between Marching Ants and Quick Mask would avoid need for 2 buttons. (Quick Menu).

2. New Selection visible… sorry I should have said Marching Ants, not Marquee? Scenario: I draw a selection; work within it; hide it (for clearer viewing); work more; delete selection. Later, draw Lasso selection, but none appears. I cannot see where it is - because Hidden Mode is still active. I can’t see why I would want a new drawn selection to be invisible? [I think ASPro is alone in this].

3. Editable Quick Mask… as in Photoshop etc: painting with white/grey/black visibly controls opacity of selection/mask. [I’m sure I remember you agreeing this would be good, when I suggested it a while ago].

Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 03:38:15 AM by GlennNorfolk

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 04:42:16 AM
Use version 2.2.7 (381) from the app store.

GlennNorfolk

Reply #7 on: August 08, 2019, 04:09:27 AM
Thanks, yes I've done that - though I don't know why I needed to. Apart from me posting here I would not have known there was a later version. Strange.

Also, you did not mention my other points...?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #8 on: August 08, 2019, 04:19:06 AM
Ohh, sorry.

2. Yes, Marching Ants should automatically turn on when making new selection, we will do it.

3. I assume you mean 'Paint Selection' or 'Quick Selection Tool' option - we will consider adding that in the future.

GlennNorfolk

Reply #9 on: August 09, 2019, 11:06:29 AM
Many thanks for getting back.
3) Yes, I think we’re talking about the same thing.
And apologies to whoever, cos I’m thinking now I remember someone’s suggested it before.