Author Topic: Finger Function isn't responding + files missing  (Read 153 times)

Stonejackit

Finger Function isn't responding + files missing
on: August 01, 2019, 11:01:23 AM
I don't know if this is a bug or I am doing it wrong, since i'm new to the app, but the 'finger function when pencil is connected' isn't working. I changed it to 'erase' and I'm pretty sure it worked for a while, but now, when I do something with one finger there is no response at all. Can you confirm?
Also after I updated the app, all my files were gone. Since there was nothing of importance it wasn't a big deal, but I'd like to know if this always happens when updating.

Thanks in advance!

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Finger Function isn't responding + files missing
Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 03:34:16 PM
Maybe you enabled Pencil Only mode (icon in top toolbar)?

Missing files - we didnt change anything in file management. Maybe you chaanged file storage in Artstudio from iCloud to Local?

Stonejackit

Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 05:08:03 PM
Maybe you enabled Pencil Only mode (icon in top toolbar)?
That was it! Thanks.
Missing files - we didnt change anything in file management. Maybe you chaanged file storage in Artstudio from iCloud to Local?
Well sh*t! I just checked the iCloud checkbox and my 3h painting progress vanished right before my eyes (ノ`Д ́)ノ
Please... what is the safest way to handle files? use iCloud or not? if this is not reliable I can't work with AP any longer.

edit: Ok, i managed to find the missing files in my iCloud folder. They just didn't show up under the 'open documents' icon. Is that because I changed the save option from 'local' to 'iCloud'? Anyway, I'm just glad I didn't lose them.
Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 05:28:47 PM by Stonejackit

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 06:22:25 PM
iCloud is the most safe method, focuments stored there should never disappear, even if you delete app.