Author Topic: Some suggestions  (Read 3137 times)

Pri Vacy

Some suggestions
on: May 22, 2019, 08:37:21 PM
Hi I want to suggest some features I didn’t see mentioned in other topics:

1) Increase the history count to something a bit more reasonable (like 500-1000)
2) add an option to have a fully transparent layer background instead of the checkboarded background in the thumbnail, in order to better understand what a layer contains without having to hide/unhide it (very useful for little strokes/objects far from each other while on the same layer), similar to procreate
3) add 90/180 degree rotation and horizontal/vertical filps to edit>transform
4) beeing able to pin the layers menu
5) set a default interpolation algorithm in edit>transform (instead of having to change it every time)
6) add a thumbnail to layer groups

I would also like to know if smart filters are planned for a future release alongside vector tools (shapes, pen tool)

Edit: spelling. PLEASE REMOVE THE CAPTCHA, THAT THING WORKS 1 OUT OF 100 TIMES
Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 08:43:34 PM by Pri Vacy

Pri Vacy

Re: Some suggestions and bug report
Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 03:38:19 PM
Also will the app support iOS 13 beta with the next update(s)? As of now it seems like the app cannot fully access the filesystem, making it unable to create new documents, rename older ones and such. It is possible to rename documents using the files app and it’s also possible to duplicate older projects to create another one but as You may guess it’s not an optimal solution

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Some suggestions
Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 03:44:13 AM
1. History count - we don't want it to make to big to save the RAM memory.
2. We are nto going to change that soon, sorry.
3. We will do it asap.
4. 'Always visible popups' - we are going to add that in the future.
5. App remembers the Interpolation value after you use it, however indeed it resets it after app is fully closed (ie killed by system) and launched again. We can easily make it remember that but we are not sure which solution is better.
6. It may slow down app (add lag after painting each stroke) a lot when using big canvas and big number of layers, so it will not be added soon.

We fixed ios13 related bugs in our 2.2 beta, send us your email if you want to test it.

Captcha - spammer would kill this forum in few days without captcha. Use Chrome browser to silence captcha.

Pri Vacy

Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 08:11:13 AM
Hi, Thank you for answering. I'm glad that some of the features I suggested will come in future updates. Keep up the good work.
P.S: I sent you a PM for the beta
Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 08:16:54 AM by Pri Vacy

Pri Vacy

Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 09:38:40 AM
I was able to update to the beta v2.2 build 319 but it still does not work properly with ios 13. Every time I try to create or rename a document it displays the following error. Since I have double-checked that there were no other documents with the same name, it's safe to say it all depends on ios 13. I also experimented a similar issue with other apps not beeing able to read from/write to internal storage (for example share not working as intended with some apps) so it may be possible that Apple made some modifications to the filesystem or, at the very least, to how the files app interacts with other applications.

Edit: build 344 fixed the issue
Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 10:02:01 AM by Pri Vacy

Pri Vacy

Reply #5 on: July 05, 2019, 12:09:32 PM
It would also be useful if the canvas could be snapped every 90° and at 200% and the snapping (both the zoom level and rotation) could be disabled