Author Topic: Why not Andriod?  (Read 7397 times)

Alina

Re: Why not Andriod?
Reply #15 on: October 30, 2021, 03:08:48 AM
I also want to see new features and improvements come faster on the product that exists.
But you can also see that somehow, there is a deal struck with Apple and procreate on ios, so artstudio pro becomes invisible.

When you type artstudio pro on the store, you see procreate's ad first. I also own procreate and I do love it as well, but Artstudio pro is almost invisible on the store unless you know it exists and it's as good procreate (I don't care about animation)

Andreas Raninger

Reply #16 on: October 30, 2021, 03:59:58 AM
I promote ASP everywhere and every chance I get. I guess the Procreate teams 5.2 versions 3D-painting is a way for Apple to push the artists to buy the M1 iPad. Money rulez and we just have to accept that. The best way we can help Lucky Clan is to become ASP evangelists.

lastaccess

Reply #17 on: October 30, 2021, 04:26:04 AM
If you watched Apple's iOS 15 presentation, there was Procreate ad in creators section. So, these guys made there name.

Artstudio team should work a bit on this site. Show your work section is akward. Good art made in software is a good advertising too.

Andreas Raninger

Reply #18 on: October 30, 2021, 07:41:10 AM
Maybe we should flood youtube with speedpaints in ASP?

Concept artist will love ASP as soon they see what can be done with layers, layer types, adjustment layers, masks, transformations, import PS-brushes and directly import textures as layers. Brushes made with all the ASP special brushengine features are amazing to. The desktop version is faster than Photoshop on my PC and Mac.

Something I miss is the ability to import PSD:s with adjustable layers. I can implement them manually after import but to have it done during import would be a timesaver.

Raffaello

Reply #19 on: October 30, 2021, 07:45:55 AM
I promote ASP everywhere and every chance I get. I guess the Procreate teams 5.2 versions 3D-painting is a way for Apple to push the artists to buy the M1 iPad. Money rulez and we just have to accept that. The best way we can help Lucky Clan is to become ASP evangelists.

Yes, I also believe that there is some agreement between Procreate and Apple, where Procreate draws attention to new iPads, and Apple gives more prominence to Procreate in its ads.

For the greater growth of the ASP, Lucky Clan could work better on this site here, it needs an update, needs to modernize, and sell the app better here.

Invest more in marketing outside the App Store, because they already have a very consistent application, and that supplied programming users such as PS very well who migrate to an application.

One of the advantages I like most about ASP is to see developers listening to the user community here through this forum. Procreate also has ways to listen to its users, but it does not meet the demands of users so easily.

I have long seen that they have been asking for them to improve the stroke smoothing system. But instead they bring resources that are cool, but blur a lot of the simplicity that is a positive point of them.

Deploying animation feature and now 3D, in my opinion is cool, but it's just a decoy for new users, and they don't work on meeting the requests of the usual users.

icezimy

• Freelance Artist
    • icezimy.com
Reply #20 on: October 30, 2021, 09:55:20 AM
Another thing in addition to everything else mentioned, that would help selling the app, is to be more active on their socials like Instagram and Youtube, Twitter would be good too. Posting frequent quality art of their users via their hashtag and provide some kind of user handbook like procreate, I see many new users asking about it all the time. Making frequent short tutorial videos, Tipps&Tricks and actually show off all the stuff, that ASP can do over other apps in the appstore! And promote new updates in advance everywhere, like procreate does.

I know marketing is not easy, but it's so important and ASP definitely lacking lots in that department. It would probably even pay off, thinking about hiring one more person just to care about social media and marketing? Also maybe a Patreon page or something where users can make donations to support the team abit would be helpful too

I also always promote the app wherever I can, and would love to see it getting the recognition it deserves!😁 It is the only app I need and use for painting nowadays and I just love it alot.

Procreate definitely in favor of apple. I love and understand animation features of it, the only reason why I still use it sometimes, but I never seen any users actually requesting for 3D painting before they just decided to implement it,  kinda odd, even tough it's cool, they are very behind in very basic features that's been requested for a long time, but they are just great at advertising themselves
Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 10:04:27 AM by icezimy

Andreas Raninger

Reply #21 on: October 30, 2021, 10:57:13 AM
I was thinking about patreon too. One thing we can do is to join the "Artstudio pro showcase for artists" on Facebook. It's pretty dead and gets 4 new posts a year. We can change that so that other artists see a living, active community and get curious. It might be the answer to a new "Show your art" section rather than in this forum. I will try to join the group. The last time i tried, none of the administrators added me.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #22 on: October 30, 2021, 04:47:40 PM
Thanks for all suggestions. I agree marketing is something we have to improveā€¦

Andreas Raninger

Reply #23 on: October 31, 2021, 08:44:32 AM
I joined the group on Facebook. I know that many of us are introverts, but come on, join the group and start posting.  ;)

LCArt

Reply #24 on: October 31, 2021, 07:21:41 PM
people still use facebook?  :o

Andreas Raninger

Reply #25 on: November 01, 2021, 03:53:51 AM
Mouhahahaha!... What? They don't?  ???

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #26 on: November 02, 2021, 05:44:31 AM
"Artstudio pro showcase for artists" is an old, forgotten group.
I think Facebook is not the best place for artists to show their work.
Much better are:
- Instagram (remember to tag art with #artstudiopro)
- Artstation (put Artstudio Pro in Software Used field)
- Deviantart

Michele_Ianniello

Reply #27 on: November 02, 2021, 08:06:36 AM
I don't know what you think but a Discord server is quite useful too!
I'm in a couple of "official" server of some apps (like Nomad Sculpt) and it's a nice place for an active community, sharing works, tips, announcements for updates and so on.