Author Topic: Please bring a Pen / Path Tool on the iPad!  (Read 3669 times)

Sh4rp

Please bring a Pen / Path Tool on the iPad!
on: March 01, 2019, 11:51:08 AM
Hello,

after having used Artstudio for quiet some hours now, going back to photoshop on my PC feels like a hassle. However there are still two things that still keeps me from switching over 100%.

The first thing is a pathing tool. I think it’s super essential to make precise selections and would benefit a lot of people imo.

The other thing that bugs me is the file handling or the gallery in general. It’s really bad and procreate is doing a better job at integrating iCloud or the Filesystem of the iPad into the App. The menu looks outdated and is unnecessarily complex. Simple drag and drop gestures here would also improve the workflow a lot.

Besides these two points I really enjoy the app and even more if my suggestions get implemented!

Best regards

fernsie

Re: Please bring a Pen / Path Tool on the iPad!
Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 09:36:44 PM
Yes!
A pen/path tool would allow me to completely switch over from Affinity Photo. As the OP said, paths are essential for making precise, neat selections.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 03:51:47 AM
Vectors tools are planned for the second half of this year.

Painttheworld

Re: Please bring a Pen / Path Tool on the iPad! And MacOS
Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 03:02:49 PM
Looking forward to the addition of a pen/path tool. This addition will be a great asset to help in creating precise shapes and selections. Hopefully your plans include having the ability to convert a path to a selection border and a selection border to a path.

LCArt

Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 06:10:34 PM
Vectors tools are planned for the second half of this year.

tell me you are adding vector eraser like the one in clip paint studio, that can delete normal and "to intersection" of 2 vector lines (?) please please :D

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 06:52:27 AM
Currently we are not working on vector features, sorry