Author Topic: Tilt support  (Read 2839 times)

postdes

Tilt support
on: February 10, 2019, 11:51:32 AM
One area where i think ASP is still lacking a bit, is tilt support for brushes. In other apps like proceate or infinite painter it is possible to create a nice pencil which tilts to create shading. Though it is possible in theory i cannot really get a result like the other apps mentioned, or apples own notes app. I would like to have more options or understanding how this could be done in ASP?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Tilt support
Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 08:40:27 AM
We are using that in few brushes. For example check 'Shading Pencil (Tilt)' brush from 'Sketching' group

postdes

Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 01:29:20 PM
Thanks for your reply.

I did indeed check the brushes out you marked with tilt, but the effect is not as organic as in the other apps I mentioned. The effect seems rather on/off, and not very gradual. I can set size to tilt, but I can find no other way to control the effect, for instance by a curve. If you check the notes pencil for instance, you can get a narrow line, a thicker line, and also a larger shading effect. So far I have not been able to replicate this effect in ASP. Perhaps I am overlooking some options? I basically would want a range from the normal mark of the "pencil crayon" (for example) to the tilted rage of the "shading tilt". I am not sure if this can be done right now?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 02:38:32 PM
Check other brushes with (Tilt) in its names, maybe you will find something you are looking for.