Author Topic: Suggestions: Clipping masks and pinned layers  (Read 3093 times)

Shrimpy

Suggestions: Clipping masks and pinned layers
on: January 30, 2019, 06:07:10 AM
Hello!

I have a suggestion regarding adjustment layers and clipping masks. This is for the iPad Pro 11” 2018.

If i want to apply an adjustment layer to a specific layer i have to make a lot of unnecessary clicks.

Currently if you choose an adjustment layer, it opens the menu for that and any changes you make affects all the layers below. So if you want to apply an adjustment change just to the specific layer, you have to:

1. Close the adjustment layer menu after just opening it.
2. Click on the cogwheel in the layer menu
3. Click on the “Enable clipping mask”
4. Go back to the adjustment layer and open the menu
5. Apply adjustment to specific layer

Instead, it would be great if you could apply the clipping mask directly from the adjustment layer menu. Like this: https://m.imgur.com/ZJOL9I4

Either as a button at top or a switch at the bottom.

Suggestion nr 2

Beeing able to “pin” the layers menu so its always visible if you choose to. It’s currently a lot of back and forth clicking the layers menu just to select the next layer. Maybe something like this: https://m.imgur.com/yFlN44j

Thanks for reading my suggestions! This app is truly fantastic.

postdes

Re: Suggestions: Clipping masks and pinned layers
Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 09:41:58 AM
I agree that clicking to many times is annoying. I have "clipping mask" setup in my quick menu (under preferences) which improves it a bit, but a simple icon in the layers menu would be easy to have. Or the ability to drag a layer onto another one to make it a clipping layer.

I think a clipping mask button in the adjustment window would be a bit much now. I really like the simplicity of the window as is.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 03:02:32 AM
I will consider implementing that, thanks for the idea.

Nighternet

Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 03:11:50 AM
+ 1 on pinning layer window. Only it has to be minified somehow. Otherwise it'd take too much of the precious screen real estate. Especially with iPad Mini.

postdes

Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 03:24:28 AM
A layer stack that is permanently visible could be useful, but ideally it should not take up more space than the color bar on the side. Perhaps it could be a switch to have the layers instead of the colors on the side? A quick layer list that is scrollable like the current color list, which when long pressed can reveal the layer details? I am not sure if this would be overkill with the existing layer solution though?