Author Topic: switch to previous color / brush  (Read 6686 times)

postdes

switch to previous color / brush
on: January 07, 2019, 03:24:53 AM
I would like to see the option to switch between the previous and the last color. This would be bit like switching between foreground and background color in PS. A color history could be useful too, perhaps at the top of the swatches.

For brushes I image this could be useful as well, but I am not sure how to implement it

MikeWest

Re: switch to previous color / brush
Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 09:10:34 AM
The previous brush thing definitely sounds good to me, perhaps a brush history of 3-5 small icons in the bottom brush panel would work - there's a lot of blank space in that panel on the iPad at least.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 08:04:39 AM
I already have that on my todo list, i'm looking for good UI idea for that...

postdes

Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 02:53:40 PM
Thank you, that would be a great timesaver

Nighternet

Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 04:16:23 PM
Something like this?

postdes

Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 04:41:36 PM
For the color this could be useful, for the brush not so much for me. I would rather have an eraser button there, that would automatically make the current brush erase. Cclicking the button again would set it back to normal.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 05:36:24 PM
There is no space for that on ipad 9.7/mini in portrait orientation.

Switching between current and previous - im rather looking for solution to show 5-10 recent swatches/brushes.

Eraser mode in Paint tool - version 2.1 will add 2 new blending modes for Paint and Pencil tools: behind and eraser.

Nighternet

Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 01:45:30 PM
C'mon, let get serious. Why pro people with pro iPads using pro app have to cope from all those "oh, but my iPhone 4 doesn't have enough to room". This is like setting your Ferrari max speed to 20 miles/hour because all those folks with bikes can't follow. You can have a simplified version of ASP for them (like before), or they can use full screen mode. BTW. You can use different prices for them.

Curie Kuri

Reply #8 on: February 23, 2022, 12:36:49 PM
Apologies for reviving this old thread but I wanted to know if there has been any consideration/work recently to get these last swatch & last brushes functionality in?

Leonid Deburger

• 2d Artist
    • Artstation
Reply #9 on: February 23, 2022, 06:59:05 PM
You can add a custom button on the toolbar. Or tap on color squares in color weel panel
Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 09:20:50 PM by Leonid Deburger
Apple iPad Pro 12.9 (4th gen)

Ben

Reply #10 on: February 24, 2022, 03:12:04 AM
C'mon, let get serious. Why pro people with pro iPads using pro app have to cope from all those "oh, but my iPhone 4 doesn't have enough to room". This is like setting your Ferrari max speed to 20 miles/hour because all those folks with bikes can't follow. You can have a simplified version of ASP for them (like before), or they can use full screen mode. BTW. You can use different prices for them.

Exactly, the interface can be adaptable to the device and orientation, not be limited by the smallest size. That does all the people working in landscape mode and bigger iPads a disservice