Author Topic: Dodge and burn - all  (Read 4419 times)

Nighternet

Dodge and burn - all
on: December 24, 2017, 05:53:52 AM
Couple of versions back you've added a great feature to the dodge and burn brushes - "all". Then later you've changed it to something useless. Now with opacity over 3-4% it bleaches or burned everything. The subtle change is gone. "All" is more frequently used feature, for most of the time one just darken or lighten the area. Can you bring it back the way it was?

Nighternet

Re: Dodge and burn - all
Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 05:38:19 PM
One can of course just take a regular brush and set the lend to darken or lighten (choosing black or white colors accordingly), but, then what's the Dodge and Burn are for?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 08:22:43 PM
I havent change dodge/burn for few months. Maybe you are using different brush. Default brush for dodging/burning is Soft brush from Basic group

Indeed you can use use layer blending with Paint tool instrad of Dodge/Burn tools.
But dodge/burn tool has 2 advantages:
1. You can limit effect to shadow/midtonrs/highlights
2. You can draw few strokes over the same area to “build up” dodge burn effect

Nighternet

Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 04:58:43 AM
I see. Yes, the soft brush in "all" works like before. I guess, dodge/burn are not meant for textured brushes.

Elystep

Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 12:00:57 PM
In Artstudio you could color burn/dodge...is this available in Pro. In brushes under general I see colorize Stroke, however I cannot figure this option out in Dodge or otherwise.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 04:10:56 AM
In Artstudio Pro you can use different blending modes in Paint tool (available in More... popover) to achieve effect similar to Dodge/Burn with color from legacy ArtStudio. You can for example use "Color Dodge" and "Color Burn" blendings.