Author Topic: A better gallery with large thumbnails  (Read 3890 times)

mgo

A better gallery with large thumbnails
on: April 11, 2023, 03:08:34 PM
It just struck me: the native iOS file view sucks, the icons are way too small. How about a gallery view, that basically uses the file system, but renders bigger preview thumbnails? This is not just aesthetics, I want to actually see something on the thumbnails. Since iOS won't let us change the thumbnail size, a custom solution would help - a lot.

Bbolger

Re: A better gallery with large thumbnails
Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 03:29:47 PM
I think that’s Apple’s thing. Though in the meantime, if you use column view you can select a file and see a bigger preview on the right

mgo

Reply #2 on: April 24, 2023, 05:16:38 PM
It is totally Apple's thing. And I understand when devs are using this standard view. However, until Apple allows custom thumbnail scaling, an in-app gallery view that uses the same data, but a nicer / bigger representation would be very helpful. It is really about seeing bigger previews of all visible artworks. Column view makes thumbnails even smaller, which isn't what I am after :)

PhoenixDragoon

Reply #3 on: April 24, 2023, 09:24:34 PM
I think vectornator does this very well. Could be an example to draw inspiration from. Another one is Linea sketch. Both very good examples in how to make a better aesthetic gallery view. Don't know how hard would be to do though

Husketch

Reply #4 on: May 08, 2023, 03:20:17 PM
I agree :)
I think Artstudio can still design a better Gallery system that doesn’t take you out of the visual aesthetics of ASP , with similar functionality to the iPadOS Files app but visually better looking.

I saw that Pixelmator newest version (couple days ago) implemented something like that with larger thumbnails.

ASP can even do better I’m sure 👌

🙏

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #5 on: May 10, 2023, 06:24:37 AM
Indeed we use system Document Browser (Gallery), and we cannot change anything there, sorry.

LCArt

Reply #6 on: May 11, 2023, 08:36:34 AM
Indeed we use system Document Browser (Gallery), and we cannot change anything there, sorry.
Can't you create a better gallery or make Apple's optional? the one we had before was nicer than Apple's to be honest, i hate that it shows "recent tab" first, can be risky for streaming since i do SFW and NSFW >.<

PhoenixDragoon

Reply #7 on: May 11, 2023, 05:15:37 PM
Can't you create a better gallery or make Apple's optional? the one we had before was nicer than Apple's to be honest, i hate that it shows "recent tab" first, can be risky for streaming since i do SFW and NSFW >.<

I have never ever had any problem with the recent tabs and I do both sfw and nsfw content as well. Even if you force quit the app, it opens latest document and if you quit it, it leads you out in the iCloud tab or at least it does it for me.

It could be a prettier gallery view though lol