Author Topic: Lasso tool with hover cursor previewing next anchor point?  (Read 2275 times)

pluskid

The current lasso tool allows a hybrid lasso and poly-lasso selection, which is extremely useful. If you draw continuously, you get the lasso. If you lift the pencil and tap it in a different location, you get a straight line connecting that location and the previous location, which is essentially poly-lasso. However, this tapping sometimes could be inaccurate without a cursor previewing. For example, if we want to select a box / building according to a line drawing, only a few pixel off could lead to very inaccurate selection if the distance between the two location is large.

Now we have the hover capability, it would be extremely useful to implement a preview of the next anchor point (and also preview the connecting line) when the apple pencil hovers. The behavior would be essentially the same to what we already had on desktop applications like Photoshop.

pluskid

Re: Lasso tool with hover cursor previewing next anchor point?
Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 09:39:14 PM
Here is a gif to clarify what I meant. I'm using PolyLasso tool in Procreate, note the preview of next anchor point and connecting line when I lift the pencil off the screen.