Author Topic: Further Development on Mac Version  (Read 2375 times)

artofbob

Further Development on Mac Version
on: February 23, 2023, 01:17:11 PM
Just wondering how much development there will be on the Mac version? I ask questions in the forums and never seem to get answers.

The pigment mixing is great, but the Mac version needs quite a few improvements to make it "every day usable".

Bob

artofbob

Re: Further Development on Mac Version
Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023, 07:43:20 PM
So, is the Mac version of ASP going to continue development? It seems stuck and definitely has some problems that make it a bit of a challenge to work with. I love the brush engine, but the rest of the app can use some work.

If it's not going to continue, I wish you would say so. I get the iPad version makes more money, but then at least give an update form the future of the Mac version.

Thanks!

Bob

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #2 on: March 07, 2023, 02:39:57 AM
I agree Mac version needs some works to make UI more modern etc.
Unfortunately our team is very small and Artstudio sales are not enough to hire more advanced developers.

We are going to improve Mac version, but we cannot give any deadlines actually.

Andreas Raninger

Reply #3 on: March 07, 2023, 06:04:33 PM
If nothing is planned for the Mac version it should be fair to at least inform possible buyers of the uncertain future. Or that they only get some engine updates and bug fixes as for now.

By the way, the iPad version is faster than the Mac version, both running on my M1 Mac Mini. That got me by surprise, really.
I don't use the iPad version on my M1 Mac. That, I suspect, will end with a psychotic episode for sure.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #4 on: March 08, 2023, 05:25:33 AM
We are updating Mac version together with iOS version, we add each feature (except of UI changes) in both iOS and Mac version.