Author Topic: Beta (903) Bug: Behind blend mode not working  (Read 1581 times)

-fjg-

Beta (903) Bug: Behind blend mode not working
on: February 11, 2023, 06:35:38 PM
In the Beta 903, I can't seem to get 'behind blend mode' or 'behind mode (temp)' to work.

Works in release version.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Beta (903) Bug: Behind blend mode not working
Reply #1 on: February 12, 2023, 06:07:00 AM
Could you give us  all steps to repeat this?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #2 on: February 12, 2023, 07:47:53 AM
Could you give us  all steps to repeat this (layer structure / blending mode, tool, tool blending, brush etc)

-fjg-

Reply #3 on: February 12, 2023, 11:53:54 AM
I couldn't find the inconsistency last night, but I think it's my mistake. The release version brush I was using didn't have Blend Transparency set to 'Full', so I thought there was an inconsistency.

When using Basic > Hard Static Round with same settings, the release version and Beta are consistent regarding Blend Transparency modes.

I didn't expect a Behind Blending mode to blend at all with existing strokes, but it makes sense that it does when set to 'Full'.

Edit: Forgot to mention in the first post that clear blending mode (temp) will not 'clear' paint when blend mode is set to full. It seems to ignore the Clear Blending (temp) mode and applies the current color if brush is set to 'Full'.
Setting a brush to 'Clear' Blend (not temp) mode does clear existing paint when Wetness > Blend transparency is set to 'Full'.
I'm setting the non temp blending modes from the tool options in the sidebar.

Steps to repeat:
Brush > Basic > Hard Static Round
Wetness > Blend Transparency to 'Full'
Blend Mode > Clear (temp) (I'm using quick menu for this)
Brush will paint with color, not erase. (Other blend Transparency modes will erase)
Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 06:03:56 PM by -fjg-