Author Topic: Artstudio 4.1 Some bugs / visual bugs / suggestions  (Read 6351 times)

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Artstudio 4.1 Some bugs / visual bugs / suggestions
Reply #15 on: July 14, 2022, 06:10:27 AM
About the snap to 100% - we removed this exactly like some time ago we removed snapping to Angle 0.

If you need easy access to "Zoom to 100%", jsut add View > 100% to top toolbar.
You can also add View > Zoom In/Out, which uses values like 25% / 50% / 100%.

RHiNO

Reply #16 on: July 14, 2022, 07:26:28 PM
Artstudio 4.1.2 fixed the visual bug in the "current color/previous color" by adding the outline - Cool!

Another small visual bug remains, the number 2 in the post below regarding the representation of a transparent color while we use the light theme

https://www.luckyclan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2957.0

By the way, I am not so sure about the big "X" representing an "empty layer", maybe a totally empty thumbnail will be cleaner - or even better, the good old checkerboard of white/gray (like we have in photoshop). The checkerboard makes it a little easier to see some combinations of colors too - like white interface, white brushstroke on white canvas - like "Layer 4" in the image below

Photoshop empty layer

Thanks for the fast updates and bug fixes o/

alfanders

Reply #17 on: July 15, 2022, 08:20:54 AM
Regarding the X on empty layer, I strongly ask for it to be kept.

There is simply no way in photoshop to show whether a layer is "empty". Say I have a circle with 1 percent opacity, it would just show as a checkerboard on photoshop. I actually love the X in Artstudio pro as an indicator that this layer has absolutely nothing / empty.

--

As for the transparency mentioned, I actually find them quite helpful as it "outlines" the shape of the layer in the thumbnail. How about using light-theme for the thumbnail, but leaving out the "transparency outline"?

Artstudio 4.1.2 fixed the visual bug in the "current color/previous color" by adding the outline - Cool!

Another small visual bug remains, the number 2 in the post below regarding the representation of a transparent color while we use the light theme

https://www.luckyclan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2957.0

By the way, I am not so sure about the big "X" representing an "empty layer", maybe a totally empty thumbnail will be cleaner - or even better, the good old checkerboard of white/gray (like we have in photoshop). The checkerboard makes it a little easier to see some combinations of colors too - like white interface, white brushstroke on white canvas - like "Layer 4" in the image below

Photoshop empty layer

Thanks for the fast updates and bug fixes o/

icezimy

• Freelance Artist
    • icezimy.com
Reply #18 on: July 15, 2022, 09:04:30 AM
+1 Please don't remove it, it's a very helpful indicator.

Regarding the X on empty layer, I strongly ask for it to be kept.

There is simply no way in photoshop to show whether a layer is "empty". Say I have a circle with 1 percent opacity, it would just show as a checkerboard on photoshop. I actually love the X in Artstudio pro as an indicator that this layer has absolutely nothing / empty.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #19 on: July 15, 2022, 09:20:05 AM
No, I'm not going to remove X

RHiNO

Reply #20 on: July 15, 2022, 11:48:42 AM
No problems about the X, it's alright ;)

Regarding the "dark" thumbnail, it's on your to-do list to make it match the color theme?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #21 on: July 19, 2022, 07:08:40 AM
Could you write more details?

No problems about the X, it's alright ;)

Regarding the "dark" thumbnail, it's on your to-do list to make it match the color theme?

RHiNO

Reply #22 on: July 19, 2022, 01:52:55 PM
Sure!

In the layer panel, the app shows the "Transparent Color" as a Dark gray. This fits well with the "Dark interface", but when we use the "Light theme" I believe the color representing the transparent color can be also a Light gray, not a Dark gray, to fit the theme. Same for the layer with a big "X", the background can be a Light gray too if we are using the "Light theme"

Besides anything else, is a little hard to read thumbnails with a dark background when we are doing outlines and only have black lines in the layer

Check the images I posted above in this thread with a draw of a smile. @alfanders photoshopped a simulation of what I mean, he makes the background of the layer a Light gray

Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 01:57:58 PM by RHiNO

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #23 on: July 20, 2022, 05:36:27 AM
There is a separate option for that:
Artstudio > Preferences > Interface > Light Item Background

RHiNO

Reply #24 on: July 20, 2022, 12:29:35 PM
Oh boy, I need to read the manual properly :D

Artstudio is great, so many options!! o/

SamNArt

Reply #25 on: July 21, 2022, 05:52:50 AM
Why not have a simple checkered background to indicate transparency? @Lucky Clan
It seems to me a pretty good solution that is readable in any theme , dark or light.
Could be an option in the settings too please?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #26 on: July 21, 2022, 07:26:09 AM
We will consider adding option for Checkerboard / Plain soon