Author Topic: 4.1.1 blurry pixelated bug  (Read 3621 times)

LCArt

4.1.1 blurry pixelated bug
on: July 12, 2022, 02:01:20 AM
Not sure what triggers it yet but when i do a selection, or i zoom or i do other stuff, the whole canvas becomes a blurry mess of pixels, as if i resized down the canvas a lot and zoomed in a lot too. I think this happened in the past and is related to the "view" cache or something like that. For example, when I undo, the whole canvas is like this until i zoom in or out. Looks like hiding/showing layers also causes it.

And already asked it in another thread but ill ask here too. Could the zoom snapping be a preference instead of dissapearing? I kind of waste a lot of time trying to get the zoom to 100% instead of 98-99% or 101-102%... I know it might sound stupid but its triggering my OCD really badly :( It could be an option inside Interface, the same way we have "Snappable sliders" i think you even removed the rotation snap, or at least it feels that way because trying to get 100% zoom + 0º requires skill now :(
Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 03:49:31 AM by LCArt

alfanders

Re: 4.1.1 blurry pixelated bug
Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 02:43:44 AM
just an addition, for the rotation, if you release your rotation between -5 degrees to 5 degrees, it would snap into 0 degrees ✨

Not sure what triggers it yet but when i do a selection, or i zoom or i do other stuff, the whole canvas becomes a blurry mess of pixels, as if i resized down the canvas a lot and zoomed in a lot too. I think this happened in the past and is related to the "view" cache or something like that. For example, when I undo, the whole canvas is like this until i zoom in or out.

And already asked it in another thread but ill ask here too. Could the zoom snapping be a preference instead of dissapearing? I kind of waste a lot of time trying to get the zoom to 100% instead of 98-99% or 101-102%... I know it might sound stupid but its triggering my OCD really badly :( It could be an option inside Interface, the same way we have "Snappable sliders" i think you even removed the rotation snap, or at least it feels that way because trying to get 100% zoom + 0º requires skill now :(

Blokfort

Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 05:17:31 PM
I am experiencing the same pixeling issues.

From what I have seen, it most commonly occurs when I undo, but it is very inconsistent.

LCArt

Reply #3 on: July 12, 2022, 06:29:44 PM
I am experiencing the same pixeling issues.

From what I have seen, it most commonly occurs when I undo, but it is very inconsistent.
happens like 90% of the time while undoing, yep :(

Blokfort

Reply #4 on: July 12, 2022, 09:02:30 PM
Update: I've now noticed that if you have moved the canvas at an angle, or anywhere that is not on a side, and then 'Undo' then the image will blur and pixelate. the same will apply for the selection tool, as the marching-ants selection lines will not show up unless the canvas is on a side.

Attached some pics.

artstudio

Reply #5 on: July 13, 2022, 01:44:24 AM
I am also facing this issue. I thought I have too many layers that is why it is happening. Turning a layer on and off also triggers it.I also noticed that It happens if the canvas is at an angle.

Ves

Reply #6 on: July 14, 2022, 04:00:38 AM
Yes, I’m experiencing same bug. And it’s really annoying and happens randomly - but mostly when I undo, whole image is pixelated and blurry until I move canvas or something. For me is quite recent bug.

Pikachu

Reply #7 on: July 14, 2022, 04:14:17 AM
came here to ask about this exact thing, it indeed only happens if you undo or make a selection while the canvas is tilted. really really annoying, hope it gets fixed very soon!
Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 05:24:23 AM by Pikachu

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #8 on: July 14, 2022, 05:49:50 AM
Sorry for that, stupid bug...

We have it fixed, new update will be available very soon.

LCArt

Reply #9 on: July 14, 2022, 08:05:46 AM
Sorry for that, stupid bug...

We have it fixed, new update will be available very soon.
is fine, dont worry much about it, you do an amazing job, bugs happen :)

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #10 on: July 14, 2022, 09:40:20 AM
It is very irritating bug, we received tons of email, we had to worry.

ps. Update is waiting for review...

Blokfort

Reply #11 on: July 18, 2022, 07:02:24 PM
You guys are doing great! We just love ASP that much.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #12 on: July 19, 2022, 07:08:31 AM