Author Topic: A few bugs fixes and feature request  (Read 2548 times)

artstudio

A few bugs fixes and feature request
on: June 21, 2022, 12:59:31 AM
Ist issue
I am on iPad OS 16 and following things are not working.
1) Exporting the files from Procreate and then sending it to Art Studio pro is not working. (It worked on iPad OS 15)
2) Going to file manager and opening any psd file is also not working.
3) Opening Files app from Art studio pro and then trying to open any psd is also not working. The PSD file is greyed out.

Only way right now to open a PSD files is
File> New >New from file.

2nd issue
Is there any way to store files locally instead of storing on icloud? Some other useful option like G drive/ One drive or local storage is needed. Also, Is there any way I could save a psd file instead of art Studio own version and then save future edits on that psd files?

Features request
1) Autoshape editing after lifting the pen.

2) Brush memory markers on the brush side panels. Right now, Procreate has 5 of such markers. Art Studio pro with longer sliders could have 10. I think it is a very clever feature and supplements the need to have a dedicated brush size panel like Clip stuido paint.

3) Can we have a stroke feature? I read that you are implementing pen tool so stroke will be even more useful in future. You can put stroke in 'select' menu above 'contract' option.

4) Shift click lines. In photoshop, If we hold shift and then start putting brush dots anywhere on canvas then Photoshop automatically start joining the dots by straight lines. It is very helpful to draw things with straight lines precisely. It is far better than autoshape for straight line drawing.

Thank you :)

mattnava

• Creative/Art Director. The Pathless, ABZÛ, Journey
    • Matt Nava Portfolio
Re: A few bugs fixes and feature request
Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 04:28:56 AM
Re: shift clicking to draw lines, try the line drawing mode! It’s better than photoshop’s shift clicking thing, and better than auto shape for drawing straight lines. Faster, real-time preview, requires no keyboard or secondary input and supports pressure sensitivity if the brush uses it. It’s handy to put an icon for it on the toolbar or quick menu, or make a favorite out of a brush with it activated, the setting gets stored in the favorite.
You can find it in the tool options panel (open via icon at the bottom of the brush sliders).
Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 04:38:59 AM by mattnava

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 11:29:46 AM
1) fixed in new beta (build 821)
2) you can open only artsutdio documents here. It was always working like that. But you can long press grayed filed and "share" it to Artstudio

2nd issue - you can switch from iCloud to On My iPad in Document Browser

Requests
1) in the future
2) it is available in new beta (build 821)
3) you can add stroke in Layer Effects (tap Fx icon in Layers panel)

Ist issue
I am on iPad OS 16 and following things are not working.
1) Exporting the files from Procreate and then sending it to Art Studio pro is not working. (It worked on iPad OS 15)
2) Going to file manager and opening any psd file is also not working.
3) Opening Files app from Art studio pro and then trying to open any psd is also not working. The PSD file is greyed out.

Only way right now to open a PSD files is
File> New >New from file.

2nd issue
Is there any way to store files locally instead of storing on icloud? Some other useful option like G drive/ One drive or local storage is needed. Also, Is there any way I could save a psd file instead of art Studio own version and then save future edits on that psd files?

Features request
1) Autoshape editing after lifting the pen.

2) Brush memory markers on the brush side panels. Right now, Procreate has 5 of such markers. Art Studio pro with longer sliders could have 10. I think it is a very clever feature and supplements the need to have a dedicated brush size panel like Clip stuido paint.

3) Can we have a stroke feature? I read that you are implementing pen tool so stroke will be even more useful in future. You can put stroke in 'select' menu above 'contract' option.

4) Shift click lines. In photoshop, If we hold shift and then start putting brush dots anywhere on canvas then Photoshop automatically start joining the dots by straight lines. It is very helpful to draw things with straight lines precisely. It is far better than autoshape for straight line drawing.

Thank you :)

artstudio

Reply #3 on: June 26, 2022, 02:21:44 AM
Re: shift clicking to draw lines, try the line drawing mode! It’s better than photoshop’s shift clicking thing, and better than auto shape for drawing straight lines. Faster, real-time preview, requires no keyboard or secondary input and supports pressure sensitivity if the brush uses it. It’s handy to put an icon for it on the toolbar or quick menu, or make a favorite out of a brush with it activated, the setting gets stored in the favorite.
You can find it in the tool options panel (open via icon at the bottom of the brush sliders).
I was aware of this feature but never tried it. I thought auto shape is good enough but after reading your reply I tried it and it is pretty good. For some reason I still prefer shift clicking. May be I need to use this feature more to change my habit.

3) you can add stroke in Layer Effects (tap Fx icon in Layers panel)
Thank you for the detailed reply. Both issues are resolved. Regarding feature requests, I was talking about stroking a shape made from lasso and marquee tool. Currently we can do that by the following process.

Make a shape > contract or expand it by few pixels > add desired stroke color by using paint bucket tool. I think a dedicated stroke feature would be great.
Can we have more than 5 memory markers? Procreate has shorter size/opacity sliders so 5 seems okay for it but Art studio can have 8 or 10 IMO. I think a dash instead of a dot may be easy to view and more consistent with the design of the app. I don’t know. You decide  :)

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #4 on: June 28, 2022, 04:43:09 AM
Stroke the select - you can use Select > Border, then Edit > Fill (or bucket fill).

Number of memory markers - we will consider changing max count from to 5 to 8

artstudio

Reply #5 on: July 03, 2022, 01:36:54 PM
Thanks for adding more memory markers.  :)
Is stroke feature planned for future ? If not, then please consider adding it with the pen tool in future.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #6 on: July 06, 2022, 06:00:31 AM
Stroke - i will consider that in the future.