Author Topic: Adjustment layers from photoshop not working  (Read 2333 times)

artstudio

Adjustment layers from photoshop not working
on: May 22, 2022, 09:28:21 AM
I imported a file in art studio pro which was made in photoshop. It was 335 MB with about 50 layers. I observed that everything is working as it should but the adjustment layers even though present are not working. Procreate, Infinite painter, sketch book etc cannot even open that file. But clip studio paint for iPad not only opens the file but does it a lot faster than Art studio pro and adjustment layers are also working fine in clip studio paint.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Adjustment layers from photoshop not working
Reply #1 on: May 26, 2022, 07:03:29 AM
Adjustment layers are not imported because we don't have many adjustment options from photoshop so imported document would look much different...

artstudio

Reply #2 on: June 26, 2022, 02:49:46 AM
Adjustment layers are not imported because we don't have many adjustment options from photoshop so imported document would look much different...
I have used brightness/contrast, curves and exposure layer. My issue is, these layers although present in the layers panel are not working like they don’t exist at all. Are you saying that the results of these layers will be different in desktop photoshop and art studio pro because that is still okay but the layers not working at all is the issue here.
If I open the same file in clip studio paint then all layers are working and showing the same photoshop kind of results as they should.

LCArt

Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 12:32:23 PM
I have used brightness/contrast, curves and exposure layer. My issue is, these layers although present in the layers panel are not working like they don’t exist at all. Are you saying that the results of these layers will be different in desktop photoshop and art studio pro because that is still okay but the layers not working at all is the issue here.
If I open the same file in clip studio paint then all layers are working and showing the same photoshop kind of results as they should.
I don't think its fair comparing an ANCIENT art program like clip studio paint, that had all the time to adapt in real time to photoshop changes and updates, to artstudio pro, a kind of recent program made by a single person that is still growing and improving over time.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #4 on: June 28, 2022, 04:20:57 AM
Yes, some adjustments are very similar, we will consider importing them in the future.