Author Topic: Bug with the quick menu swipe gesture  (Read 1835 times)

mattnava

• Creative/Art Director. The Pathless, ABZÛ, Journey
    • Matt Nava Portfolio
Bug with the quick menu swipe gesture
on: April 29, 2022, 10:17:09 PM
If you put a tool like the brush on the quick menu and use the single finger swipe gesture to activate it, the brush will actually make a mark as if that swipe gesture was a paint stroke. I also found that the lasso tool could register a tap when you swipe to select it the same way. This is enough to make it deselect an existing selection, or sometimes even start a new one. Seems like there's a bug to fix here to make it so that tools selected via the single finger swipe quick menu don't register that initial swipe as an actual stroke/tap for the tool.

alfanders

Re: Bug with the quick menu swipe gesture
Reply #1 on: April 30, 2022, 02:35:07 AM
May I know your setup? I cannot reproduce this. Quick Menu gesture works fine on my device

mattnava

• Creative/Art Director. The Pathless, ABZÛ, Journey
    • Matt Nava Portfolio
Reply #2 on: April 30, 2022, 03:16:14 AM
yeah its subtle, but its a 100% repro for me. I'll attach a video demonstrating the issue. In it you can see that every time I swipe to select a brush with the quick menu(its a favorite preset brush), it leaves a little mark where my finger stopped swiping. you can also see that after I make a selection with the lasso tool, if I swipe to select a different tool and then the lasso again, it registers a tap of the lasso when I let go and deselects.

This is on an ipad mini in the latest beta.

alfanders

Reply #3 on: April 30, 2022, 05:04:03 AM
Oh I see, I'm still unable to reproduce here.

This is mine on iPad 2020 non M1 12.9"
I tried using Favorite Menu, and having the Left Handed option as well but it still couldn't reproduce the problem.

There might be some settings that I miss.