Author Topic: Universal Control Support?  (Read 2323 times)

Cantisani

Universal Control Support?
on: March 17, 2022, 01:54:01 AM
I was checking the Universal control Video from Apple, and they show Procreate being able to share a layer via Universal Control to another document in a Mac next to the iPad.

https://youtu.be/9tRzhE-wyNg

I was wondering if ArtStudio Pro will be able to do this sometime in the near future? It looks useful, specially if I can select multiple layers and move them to an app (even if they merge) on my mac.

Ben

Re: Universal Control Support?
Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 04:28:08 AM
That reminds me of requesting the ability to copy multiple layers from one Artstudio document (iPad) to another Artstudio document, the paste does not work anymore when I open another document, so that would be a good start

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #2 on: March 22, 2022, 07:50:14 AM
To share images you can use Universal Clipboard, so you tap in Artstudio: Edit > Copy on one device (iPhone, iPad, Mac), and tap Edit > Paste on another (iOS, iPad, Mac).

I was checking the Universal control Video from Apple, and they show Procreate being able to share a layer via Universal Control to another document in a Mac next to the iPad.

https://youtu.be/9tRzhE-wyNg

I was wondering if ArtStudio Pro will be able to do this sometime in the near future? It looks useful, specially if I can select multiple layers and move them to an app (even if they merge) on my mac.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #3 on: March 22, 2022, 07:50:48 AM
Could you give us more details? I have just tested that in few scenarios, and it works fine.

That reminds me of requesting the ability to copy multiple layers from one Artstudio document (iPad) to another Artstudio document, the paste does not work anymore when I open another document, so that would be a good start

Ben

Reply #4 on: March 23, 2022, 04:55:20 AM
Selecting multiple layers - copy - switching document - paste = the content does not paste the layers into the other document

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #5 on: March 28, 2022, 09:10:14 AM
We will check Universal Control and copy/paste multiple layers between two documents asap.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #6 on: March 29, 2022, 03:55:54 AM
I have just tested that and it works fine.
You cannot do it from one device to another (through Universal Clipboard), but it works fine on the same device.

Selecting multiple layers - copy - switching document - paste = the content does not paste the layers into the other document