Author Topic: Thumbnails on Samba server  (Read 1755 times)

Andreas Raninger

Thumbnails on Samba server
on: November 22, 2021, 10:26:20 AM
Hi!
I have migrated my texture and reference library from iCloud to my Ubuntu server (RAID5 with backup) but I can't get any thumbnails when browsing in ASP nor in Files on my iPad. Are there any tricks that you can do to make the filebrowser show thumbnails in ASP?
I have File Explorer Pro that I can drag up on ASP and move files but I'd rather use the Layer menu to import.

Probably another "by design" Apple does to force you to iCloud Drive.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Thumbnails on Samba server
Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 07:22:48 AM
Do you use beta or normal version? If normal - can you test that in beta?
We are using system mechanisms to create thumbnails, so i think we cannot fix it.

Andreas Raninger

Re: Thumbnails on Samba server
Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 09:05:16 AM
I use both. Your betas are stable enough for production and have always been. I don't know what method you are using keeping the source code stable and not messed up, the father of all bugs , but it's a winning concept.

It must be the file-service not supporting thumbnail generation or something. Onedrive works. I'll take a closer look on my server and see if I can do something or use samba through some other component that generates thumbnails.

Thanks for the answer. It means a lot getting feedback. I'll post here if I find something that could help others with the same problem.