Author Topic: Beta version 3.3 (729)  (Read 6260 times)

LCArt

Beta version 3.3 (729)
on: November 12, 2021, 09:52:07 PM
- Im unable to find the "allow opening multiple documents" and "documents storage" options
- When you open the app the canvas is empty, but as soon as you pan the screen the latest document you had open appears, aka invisible auto load file.
- Files app/picker appears as soon as you open the app, then the app opens, and if I had any panels open they appear as the light theme to then change to dark theme (the one I have selected). Maybe adding a "loading" splash screen would help hide that?

lastaccess

Re: Beta version 3.3 (729)
Reply #1 on: November 13, 2021, 03:40:47 AM
1. Allow opening multiple documents is in preferences -> general section. Documents storage is on ipad settings in apps list.

That’s good addition. I’ve almost never used 2 and more files at once as long as it consumes ram.

Also, I’d put “pencil or finger” icon to preferences too to free up top bar space. I used it only once to set to pencil and never clicked after that. So, it just wastes screen space.

2. I have the same issue. But it is not only starting the app. It also about opening document and nothing there. Just need to reopen.

LCArt

Reply #2 on: November 13, 2021, 03:59:33 PM
1. Allow opening multiple documents is in preferences -> general section. Documents storage is on ipad settings in apps list.

That’s good addition. I’ve almost never used 2 and more files at once as long as it consumes ram.

Also, I’d put “pencil or finger” icon to preferences too to free up top bar space. I used it only once to set to pencil and never clicked after that. So, it just wastes screen space.

2. I have the same issue. But it is not only starting the app. It also about opening document and nothing there. Just need to reopen.

1. oh yeah, I'm blind on the general one lol. I don't understand the use of documents storage, I cant select the folder I want to store things in, only iPad / cloud / documents (extra app I have installed)
Isnt the "multiple documents open" just like a "recently opened document"? why would it consume more memory? D:

About the pencil or finger it doesn't really bother me, even if i used it mmmm twice maybe? but yeah, an option to hide it wouldn't hurt anyone, the more personalization the better... like allowing us to color pick the accent of the app instead of having those few colors to choose from >_>

2. oh wow, i guess i didnt open a file on the beta app so that's why i didnt notice... its as you say, having to open a file twice D:

lastaccess

Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 04:30:55 PM

1. oh yeah, I'm blind on the general one lol. I don't understand the use of documents storage, I cant select the folder I want to store things in, only iPad / cloud / documents (extra app I have installed)
Isnt the "multiple documents open" just like a "recently opened document"? why would it consume more memory? D:

About the pencil or finger it doesn't really bother me, even if i used it mmmm twice maybe? but yeah, an option to hide it wouldn't hurt anyone, the more personalization the better... like allowing us to color pick the accent of the app instead of having those few colors to choose from >_>

2. oh wow, i guess i didnt open a file on the beta app so that's why i didnt notice... its as you say, having to open a file twice D:

Every opened file consumes memory for all its layers. So, if you open 2-3 big projects with good amount of layers, all free memory will be gone and some temp memory on disk too. That leads to performance drop, at least for me. That’s why the only one document is good solution.

lastaccess

Reply #4 on: November 13, 2021, 05:16:12 PM
When you try to rename files in gallery, text field is half visible under the keyboard.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #5 on: November 15, 2021, 08:38:02 AM
Can you show a screenshot?

When you try to rename files in gallery, text field is half visible under the keyboard.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #6 on: November 15, 2021, 08:42:07 AM
About "Document Storage" option in iOS Settings - it is system option, we have just "unlocked" this in the latest beta. It is available only in apps supporting system Document Browser. It works in the same way as in Pages/Numbers. You can select a "container" (local, iCloud Drive) when Artstudio will store documents created after importing a photo from Photo Extension / Airdrop / Share. Documents created inside app (from Browser or from File > New) are always stored in current folder.

lastaccess

Reply #7 on: November 15, 2021, 03:12:45 PM
Can you show a screenshot?

Sent screenshot via beta testing from the app.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #8 on: November 16, 2021, 02:59:24 AM
Thanks, i have it.
Unfortunately it seems it is system bug in the Browser. You can see the same issue in Pages/Numbers

postdes

Reply #9 on: November 16, 2021, 08:59:51 AM
I really like where the new beta is going. The quick shape is quite helpful, s are the new options for the lasso fill. What I do run into is rather frequent crashes. Some situations where the beta has crashed are:

- installing/importing a new brushset sometimes crashes the app
- switching to another brush set has led to some crashes, especially to the bigger sets
- I had a few crashes when I switched away from the app to another app. I get the popup that ASP has crashed. Has happened 2-3 times in the last days.

Another more general question: I only have the Beta installed, as I have to watch my storage. What if I want to transfer setting from the beta to the retail version? I know I can export app settings, but is it possible to restore favorite brushes or app layouts?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #10 on: November 17, 2021, 07:53:00 AM
There is a trick to export/import Favorites. You have to use Files, and copy this file between Beta and Normal version:
On My iPad > Artstudio Pro > User Resources > Presets > Favourites > Tools.artustudio_tools

Layout  exporting is not possible, sorry.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #11 on: November 17, 2021, 07:54:07 AM
Can anyone else confirm the more frequent crashes?

postdes - what iPad model and ipadOS version do you use?

postdes

Reply #12 on: November 17, 2021, 12:35:40 PM

I am using a 2nd generation iPad Pro with iPadOS 15.0.2

postdes

Reply #13 on: November 17, 2021, 12:37:06 PM
There is a trick to export/import Favorites. You have to use Files, and copy this file between Beta and Normal version:
On My iPad > Artstudio Pro > User Resources > Presets > Favourites > Tools.artustudio_tools

Layout  exporting is not possible, sorry.

Brilliant, thanks a lot!

lastaccess

Reply #14 on: November 17, 2021, 04:43:58 PM
Can anyone else confirm the more frequent crashes?

Have no crashes at all. Ipad os 15.1