Author Topic: Multi page PDF support?  (Read 5184 times)

Dorothyfan1

Multi page PDF support?
on: October 26, 2021, 06:46:06 PM
Heard the news Procreate will get multi page PDF support. Is this going to come to Artstudio Pro anytime soon or at all?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Multi page PDF support?
Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 07:16:47 AM
Do you mean both export and import?

lastaccess

Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 09:39:59 AM
I guess only export. Procreate 5.2 will allow to build kind of book from layers and export it as a multipaged pdf. Not sure it would be popular feature in general, but it can be useful for people who draw in one file on different layers to emulate pages of sketchbook. P.S. I don’t need this feature.

Dorothyfan1

Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 11:39:23 AM
Do you mean both export and import?

Yes.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 03:58:07 AM
Exporting layers as pdf pages shouldn't be hard to implement. I will consider that soon.

I guess only export. Procreate 5.2 will allow to build kind of book from layers and export it as a multipaged pdf. Not sure it would be popular feature in general, but it can be useful for people who draw in one file on different layers to emulate pages of sketchbook. P.S. I don’t need this feature.

lastaccess

Reply #5 on: November 02, 2021, 04:18:25 AM
Btw, Procreate didn’t make multipage support in last version. So, if you are going to make it, you’ll be the pioneer)

Raffaello

Reply #6 on: November 02, 2021, 05:21:57 AM
Btw, Procreate didn’t make multipage support in last version. So, if you are going to make it, you’ll be the pioneer)

Yes, I believe you have support in Procreate. I tested here in exporting in PDF with several pages and in importing PDF with many pages. And it does work, of course with certain limitations.

lastaccess

Reply #7 on: November 02, 2021, 05:48:47 AM

Yes, I believe you have support in Procreate. I tested here in exporting in PDF with several pages and in importing PDF with many pages. And it does work, of course with certain limitations.

Yeah, I didn’t find share layers to pdf from first look. So, it works in Procreate)

Michele_Ianniello

Reply #8 on: November 05, 2021, 02:07:16 PM
Yes something like the new Page Assist from Procreate, where you can use it as a sketchbook, for storyboards and stuff like this (and export as a PDF I guess?) would be really nice to have, in the future maybe.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #9 on: November 09, 2021, 07:37:42 AM
I will consider adding that in the future.