Author Topic: Beta 3.3  (Read 9607 times)

icezimy

• Freelance Artist
    • icezimy.com
Re: Beta 3.3
Reply #15 on: October 15, 2021, 01:28:13 PM
I know you can add “clear” to quick menu, but having it as gesture could free up a menu space for something else. I just suggested it because in Procreate they also added gestures for “clear layer”, so I thought having it in Artstudio Pro as gesture too, could be really nice! :)

And wow most things are fixed already , that was so fast!

Here are some continued bugs:
- snapping lines to perspective grid still not working
- autoshape rectangles still sometimes turn into ovals, but much better than before (maybe around 15% of time now)
- autoshape “perfect shape” with second finger works, but not that well right now. Especially when doing circles, it sometimes takes really long to recognize the second finger tap before it turns into perfect circle. And if you try to release the tap and go back and forth between your shape and perfect shape, it’s recognizes it really slow (especially if compared to the other drawing modes where switching back and forth with tapping is really fast(video attached for comparison)) And sometimes it “freezes” or lags completely and you can’t move the shape anymore with the pencil and just have to release. And other times it doesn’t recognize second finger tap at all (also with °90 lines and rectangles), so nothing happens at all. I attached a video showing what I mean with the circles too
- And if perspective grid line thickness and opacity can be implemented before official release it would amazing. But it’s already great that you can put these settings into toolbar and quick menu now!

And besides that everything seems to work fine right now. How long will the Beta continue before official release?

Edit: - perspective grid doesn’t always save the before set colors on new documents and instead resets to white color
-general suggestion for “grid“ would be that if “show grid” and “snap” are activated that all lines drawn on canvas snap to 90° lines (like in procreate), because right now it’s really hard to draw straight lines with grid. Also lines thickness and opacity setting would be great for grid and guides settings too, not just perspective grid)
Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 10:15:39 PM by icezimy

ggermain1

Reply #16 on: October 15, 2021, 10:29:30 PM
I agree, the autoshape perfect shape feature doesn’t really register the second tap as often and it’s kinda laggy.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #17 on: October 18, 2021, 06:58:58 AM
Perfect shape 2nd finger lag - i think you mean that you have to move the first finger a bit to change current shape into a perfect shape, we will fix it asap.

ggermain1

Reply #18 on: October 19, 2021, 01:07:16 PM
Autoshape is working really good now. Great job! Can I make a small request? Can the tap feature also be used to create equilateral triangles as well? Are you guys still working on making the autoshapes editable?

lastaccess

Reply #19 on: October 19, 2021, 04:27:56 PM
Once again about Gallery.

1. Is it possible to make it light interface while using dark interface in the app? Black gallery is pain for my eyes.
2. Is it possible to preview in full screen other file types in Artstudio Gallery? I mean it can only open .artstudio. Would be good to open to full screen preview jpeg, png, tiff, psd, gif.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #20 on: October 21, 2021, 05:45:56 AM
Light Browser - it will be not consistent with the rest of the app.

Preview of other files - it is working on iOS 15.

lastaccess

Reply #21 on: October 21, 2021, 08:15:18 AM
It is not consistent at the moment too. Whole app interface is gray and I like it. But interface of gallery is black which is too contrast for eyes. White gallery is better then dark one. But I don’t want to change app theme to light, because I don’t like it. If it is possible to have separate themes for app and gallery, why not use it.

You mean small preview on “get info”. Preview are too small, kind of 5x5 sm maximum if picture is square. Again, if it is possible to make full screen preview of image files like it works in Files app, why not do it.

It is all about convenience. Good app is not obligatory technically best, but one that is comfortable to use. If it is hard to code or impossible in technical aspects ok then.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #22 on: October 21, 2021, 01:23:31 PM
If i receive more requests about light browser, i will add such option.

Unfortunately i cannot make a big preview, the browser is a system controller.

Raffaello

Reply #23 on: October 21, 2021, 02:19:00 PM
In the autoshape "tool" you can make an option to edit the shapes after drawing it, similar to what happens in Procreate quickshape, where you can make adjustments to the stroke without having to use the transform.
 ???

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #24 on: October 22, 2021, 03:49:28 AM
It is planned, but i'm not sure if we can make it before version 3.3 (4.0) release date.

iarafath

Reply #25 on: October 23, 2021, 04:15:31 AM
Some suggestions and notes on the new beta.

1. Gallery view is great. Small issue though with closing the view without any actions. The close button is not that visible. Maybe add a back button to go back to the app window.

2. Feature request: Adding smoothing options like the brush (live spring, spring, rope) to lasso tool and paint bucket lasso fill. This would help immensely to draw smoother curves and shapes to block out colours etc.

3. Option to Reset imported brushes to their default values (size, flow, etc) to the original import values.

4. Option to add brush size memory similar procreate 5.2 beta

Thanks to everyone at Lucky Clan, Art Studio pro is now my daily driver next to photoshop. Such a well thought out software design.

Ben

Reply #26 on: October 23, 2021, 08:44:22 AM
I want to remind you of these Autoshape suggestions: https://www.luckyclan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1526.msg4179#msg4179

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #27 on: October 23, 2021, 12:46:08 PM
Yes, we remember about it.

ggermain1

Reply #28 on: October 24, 2021, 05:13:41 PM
There seems to be a bug in autoshape when making ellipses and circles. Every time the line overlaps with itself, autoshape makes an arc instead of a complete circle or ellipse. I’ve attached a video demonstrating what I mean.

Raffaello

Reply #29 on: October 24, 2021, 07:42:59 PM
Yes, I also noticed this bug. It is as if the "overlap" of the line in the autoshape erased the line and generated these incomplete ellipse.