Author Topic: What is automatically backed up into iCloud?  (Read 4081 times)

Ben

What is automatically backed up into iCloud?
on: August 31, 2021, 11:55:49 AM
Are

- custom brushes
- custom brush heads
- custom patterns
- custom color palettes

all automatically saved into iCloud so we can install/reinstall ASP on a new device and all these things are restored?

I only saw artwork in the iCloud folder but no settings/user resources

Andreas Raninger

Re: What is automatically backed up into iCloud?
Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 01:24:40 PM
What I know is that only art is saved in iCloud. Infinite Painter does not do that with the result of many artists loosing their work reinstalling the app after having problems. Would be a nice feature but I think it's not very high on the to do list. Planning to buy a new iPad?

Ben

Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 09:54:20 AM
Saving Artwork in iCloud is great, I would like all the other custom things to be saved too because it takes time to regularly export all of it manually to avoid losing it for whatever reason since I spend a lot of time creating all the brushes/pattern/etc

Andreas Raninger

Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 02:23:02 AM
If you are in all places tweaking I can see your frustration having to repeat everything again. As an artist too I would welcome a feature like that. When you live and breath in the app environment every day making art, it would be a most welcome feature. It probably takes a bit of planning for the clan to future proof though. I think of an item in the File dropdown list that exports all the setting and enables you to choose where to save it. In the cloud or local/external disk. It will probably be a new fileformat and a lot of logic to parse the files when importing/exporting so it will not arrive very soon I'm afraid, if they are with us on this.

Ben

Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 08:16:33 AM
Or instead of saving the user resources locally, they can just move/copy them over to the iCloud folder, super simple

Andreas Raninger

Reply #5 on: September 03, 2021, 03:05:52 AM
I wished we could walk right in to the app catalog and copy the files ourself until the feature might arrive. Maybe not, but that's probably for a reason. Lycky Clan seems to keep the codebase clean and tidy and I think that's why it almost never crash or have serious bugs that can't be fixed right away. That's professional coding.

Ben

Reply #6 on: September 03, 2021, 04:18:22 AM
You can actually, there is folder located in „on my iPad -> Artstudio Pro -> user resources -> presets“. I currently export it manually though because I want to have control over what exactly I backup. If that folder was saved into iCloud instead, it would probably be a sufficient backup

Andreas Raninger

Reply #7 on: September 03, 2021, 05:37:29 AM
Ah, learning something everyday.
Thank you, Jack.   8)