Author Topic: Feature suggestion: autoshape for lasso fill  (Read 2023 times)

starlight

Feature suggestion: autoshape for lasso fill
on: July 06, 2022, 11:04:10 AM
Hi! I use Artstudio Pro on my ipad, and I think it's great! There's just one feature that I'm really missing, and that is being able to quickly draw various filled shapes. Since Artstudio Pro already has lasso fill, and an autoshape feature while painting, it would be amazing to implement autoshape in lasso fill as well, that would make drawing filled shapes much easier! Or at least a polygonal lasso fill, that would also make things a little easier :)

mattnava

• Creative/Art Director. The Pathless, ABZÛ, Journey
    • Matt Nava Portfolio
Re: Feature suggestion: autoshape for lasso fill
Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 08:31:33 PM
You can get polygonal behavior with lasso fill if you turn off auto close in the tool options fyi! (Tool options is the little slider button below the color sliders on the side). With auto close off, you can tap to do polygonal lines, or drag to draw curves, at any time even during drawing one shape.

starlight

Reply #2 on: July 09, 2022, 03:25:20 PM
Thank you, that's working well! I'll be using that :)

Although autoshape would still be awesome. I wonder if it would be complicated to implement it. The autoshape algorithm already exists in the app, it just needs to run at the right moment, when drawing a lasso, just like it runs when you paint with a brush.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #3 on: July 14, 2022, 06:16:32 AM
Maybe it the future....