Author Topic: Approximate colors and Intermediate colors. Ideas from CSP.  (Read 138 times)

Dorothyfan1

I would like to introduce a couple of ideas from Clip Studio Paint that I think would be very good for ASP. CSP has this concept called Approximate Colors. It’s a dialog box that opens up to show you a grid of all possible shades of one color you choose to look at. Each tiny square shows you a slightly different tint of the overall color you’re looking at. This concept makes it super easy to tap and choose the exact shade of a color you want to use in a painting. You simply tap with your Apple Pencil and choose the shade to use. Very useful idea.

Borrowing off of that idea of approximate colors CSP also has something called intermediate colors. This is another dialog box but with an interesting twist off of the approximate colors idea. In this dialog box you have four corners with empty squares. The idea is to choose 4 colors of your choice and you click each empty square on the corners to place that color in. What happens is CSP populates a grid of tiny squares showing a gradient map of all possible shades of the 4 colors you choose to look at. In this way CSP generates a blend of these 4 colors making it easy for you to select the exact tint of the color you want to use. This would be a fantastic way of generating shades of chrome colors for artwork. The possibilities here are endless.

So with the Approximate Colors and Intermediate Colors ideas ASP should copy from CSP and use them. Procreate doesn’t have this…yet. So I think you should think about introducing these neat color concepts in ASP in a future update. So Lucky Clan, whaddya think?

Dorothyfan1

Re: Approximate colors and Intermediate colors. Ideas from CSP.
Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 11:04:21 AM
I wanted to add that you’re able to switch between the saturation and luminosity of the color value whenever you want.

Pikachu

Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 11:31:52 PM
I say this as gently as possible, but you have a lot of requests, and maybe it would be a good idea to condense them into one post instead of one by one which may flood the forums. The developers haven't been responding as of lately either, I hope they aren't overwhelmed.

But as to your request, I heavily second this. It's a feature I'm very fond of from clip studio paint.

Dorothyfan1

Reply #3 on: July 29, 2021, 12:43:51 AM
If it helps…I’ve said all I need for requests for ASP from this point on. My last request was for the background grid…which I hope can be implemented soon. This is a useful feature. The Clip Studio Paint feature requests are my favorites I’d love to see brought into ASP…but since I’m sure they have a lot on their plate as it is…I’m not going to complain.