Author Topic: Bug: generating color swatches does NOT respect group creation.  (Read 1211 times)

Dorothyfan1

Just noticed this today. I decided to use the color swatch creation tool which still has the 24 color limit…(hello ASP?…read my thread to raise this limit to 30) and gamely decided to “try” and create multiple color swatches IN ONE GROUP. ASP doesn’t allow this?! For example…create an empty color swatch group and name it. Now import a photo and generate a color swatch of 24 colors in either “all” “vibrant” “muted”, etc. Now the color swatch you just generated is the DEFAULT color swatch and it’s automatically selected as the PRIMARY one. This is important because this is crucial to understanding the bug. Now just for kicks I decided to use the same color swatch creation process to generate another 24 colors…only this time “muted” values. It generated them….but CREATED a new group of colors WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. I already had selected the prior color group as my primary…so why does ASP ignore this to generate a new group without my express permission?! I didn’t request ASP to create a new group to dump the new color swatches into. I already had a group created for that purpose already. This is clearly a bug because I’ve been able to generate new color swatches that are put into the default color swatches selected before adding new ones. In this case creating new color swatches ignores default group settings and expressly creates new groups without attribution. This needs a fix. I should not be forced to generate a new color group just to put new color swatches in them.
Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 09:37:31 PM by Dorothyfan1