Author Topic: Some Finger function settings seem a bit weird  (Read 103 times)

Jack Ofalltrades

Some Finger function settings seem a bit weird
on: July 23, 2021, 10:44:28 AM
I would like to point out a few behaviors that may or may not be intentional:

1: When finger function is set to color picker, tapping the display with the finger stamps color on the surface instead of picking the color
2: Picking the color requires moving the finger after touching the display, holding or touching does not work (no matter what the delay setting is set to)
3: Activating touch radius prevents the finger stamp when touching the display, but does not solve problem 2
4: Long press delay does not work when finger function is set to "Quick menu" (Btw, I would like the Quick menu to open faster/instantly if possible, there is about half a second delay)

Edit: After exploring the points above, the 3 finger brush change gesture now only works in "pencil only mode" and stopped working in the other mode, I don't know why
Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 11:06:53 AM by Jack Ofalltrades

Dorothyfan1

Re: Some Finger function settings seem a bit weird
Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 11:02:16 AM
I would like to point out a few behaviors that may or may not be intentional:

1: When finger function is set to color picker, tapping the display with the finger stamps color on the surface instead of picking the color
2: Picking the color requires moving the finger after touching the display, holding or touching does not work (no matter what the delay setting is set to)
3: Activating touch radius prevents the finger stamp when touching the display, but does not solve problem 2
4: Long press delay does not work when finger function is set to "Quick menu" (Btw, I would like the Quick menu to open faster/instantly if possible, there is about half a second delay)

I’ve been noticing the behavior you describe in Number 2 and I can confirm this. This looks like a bug that needs fixing. I can’t comment about Number 4 because I’ve never set it to Quick Menu. So I think the issue is Number 2 is being caused by the problem mentioned in Number 1 because you can’t select the color when activating the finger touch even if touch delay is active.