Author Topic: Improvement idea for the eraser.  (Read 1459 times)

Dorothyfan1

Improvement idea for the eraser.
on: July 17, 2021, 08:40:19 PM
This is borrowed from Clip Studio Paint…so bear with me on this. In Clip Studio Paint when you use the eraser, you see a white circle showing you exactly what is being erased. The benefit is you can see the exact moment the eraser is removing the pixels on the canvas as you go back and forth. But the cool thing about the eraser in Clip Studio Paint is that while you’re erasing…the white circle eraser leaves behind a trail of all the areas you’re erasing in white..as if you’re erasing the actual canvas. But when you finish erasing…and lift your Apple Pencil off the canvas…the white eraser marks immediately disappears and the canvas returns to its pristine state after you finish erasing. This is extremely beneficial because you’re seeing the area that was being erased as you’re erasing. So when you finish…all the eraser marks disappears and you’re left showing the canvas in its wake.

ASP needs to implement this idea on the eraser tool as quickly as possible. Because the current version of the eraser only shows an invisible mark while erasing. That’s not precise enough especially if you’re doing detailed erasing. The white circle has the benefit of showing you the size of the eraser you’re using and also showing you where you’re erasing.

lastaccess

Re: Improvement idea for the eraser.
Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 04:57:49 AM
I’m totally fine with current eraser in ASP. Just turn on brush cursor and you’ll see where you gonna draw or erase.

Dorothyfan1

Re: Improvement idea for the eraser.
Reply #2 on: July 18, 2021, 06:09:57 AM
I’m totally fine with current eraser in ASP. Just turn on brush cursor and you’ll see where you gonna draw or erase.

But I want it only for when I erase. Not when I draw. So I don’t want to constantly switch options when doing this. This needs to be implemented as a feature.

Edit: Never mind…I turned on the Cursor feature in ASP and I love it. No need to make any such improvements in the app. I’m discovering Procreate, Infinite Painter and Clip Studio Paint don’t have this feature at all.
Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 10:38:33 AM by Dorothyfan1