Author Topic: Icons for the top bar  (Read 4812 times)

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Icons for the top bar
Reply #15 on: May 31, 2021, 04:04:44 AM
Send me as a list. We will prepare the rest by ourselves. Each action for top toolbar has an unique "id", we will associate the id with sf symbol...
The first list should be short, we have to test if it will work or not.

lastaccess

Reply #16 on: May 31, 2021, 05:23:03 AM
I hope we would be able to rename these additions. Otherwise I don’t like the idea of topic starter. I still can’t see the problem for people who want to add few shortcuts to top bar manually name it on their own.

LCArt

Reply #17 on: June 03, 2021, 01:17:03 PM
I hope we would be able to rename these additions. Otherwise I don’t like the idea of topic starter. I still can’t see the problem for people who want to add few shortcuts to top bar manually name it on their own.
Well, i don't like the idea either (and i'm the topic starter), but i'm tired of suggesting to the author about adding a floating panel where we can add shortcuts inside, similar to the new favorites panel in 3.2 but for shortcuts... his response to that was creating the quick menu, but that's not optimal because we cant always have it open and if we could it would take way too much space... My 2 issues with top bar is it gets bloated, only allows 3 characters and has no icons for the shortcuts.

I'll try to do a mockup of what i think would solve everything, but i'm afraid the author will give me yet another "i don't have time for that" (even if he turned tools and favorites panel into something 99% similar to what i suggested him....). I guess i'll try one more time before i really give up on suggesting things or reporting bugs :\

Edit. I visualize the shortcuts panel like this, 3 sizes for the shortcuts (i would merge favorites with shortcuts, since favorites are just that...shortcuts). I would allow the user adding any "function" inside the panel like the quick menu allows you, but also brushes, colors and even brush sizes/opacity/flow. Long press a shortcut to show edit | remove. Edit would allow you to change the shortcut and/or tweak its size and other things depending of the type of shortcut. It's just an idea, i think it can be refined way further. Other apps have similar panels, like clip studio and mediabang, so if we can't remove the default swatches because other apps don't let you removed them, i don't see why we can't have a panel like this since other apps also have it ^-^
Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 02:29:52 PM by LCArt

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #18 on: June 03, 2021, 04:28:21 PM
I don’t have time for that, sorry ;)

It will not give too much, you can now add any action to toolbar, and we moved Favorite presets to compact panel.