Author Topic: Original ArtStudio is Practically Broken  (Read 3067 times)

almighty.blonde.chicc

Original ArtStudio is Practically Broken
on: March 02, 2018, 02:03:31 AM
I've used the original ArtStudio (and I still use it) for years. It's a phenomenal app with the largest variety of brushes I've seen in an art app, but my only problem is that it crashes, and when it crashes, it corrupts my project(s) I've been working on, forcing me to start back at square one. I've seen this happen quite frequently and I wanted to know if this will be fixed or if there are ways to troubleshoot this besides buying the pro version or deleting/reinstalling the app I already have.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Original ArtStudio is Practically Broken
Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 03:58:19 AM
Please give me more details - ios version, ipad model, project size, number of layer, steps to make it crash etc.
If I reproduce that i will try to fixit asap.

almighty.blonde.chicc

Re: Original ArtStudio is Practically Broken
Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 04:44:58 PM
I have an iPad 2 with iOS 7.1.2. My canvas size was usually the default given to me when I create a new file and layer sizes varied depending on the project that I was working on.

My first project was making a background for a piece of clip art I made before (I did not have to worry about crashes as frequently I do now and rebooting my iPad fixed it at that time). I used the spray paint and dot tools for my background, and when I went to change some settings for the spray paint, the app crashed. I tried and failed to finish this picture about 3 times.

The other project was a simple lineart drawing. The canvas was the same size, and the actual drawing was pretty small. I only had about 2-3 layers so that I could color it in. When I went into the layer menu, the app crashed and my file corrupted.