Author Topic: ASP doesn’t remember favorite brushes when clicking on toolbar selection.  (Read 1733 times)

Dorothyfan1

I’m noticing that ASP doesn’t remember your chosen brush when setting them on the toolbar on the menubar. If I select a favorite brush and set it to open up when I choose that brush it should remember only that brush set up for use. But when I go elsewhere on the toolbar and return back to the same brush choice it fails to register. This happens after a few canvases are used. I’m wondering if this is a memory cache issue. Because I’m only noticing this issue now when I opened up a fresh new canvas to create artwork and choosing the top icon for the brush I’ve set up did I notice it not recalling the brush I set it up for. This issue has caused me to “remember” what my brush setting was for and that’s troubling. I shouldn’t need to remember the brush I set. I’m curious if the new toolbar favorites presets is what’s causing the issue. Because now that I have the favorite preset toolbar..I can simply click on that instead. But this defeats the purpose of having the brushes separate on the toolbar on the top left side.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Thanks for reporting that. We will try to fix it asap.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Now the question is when app should lose the Favorite item selection.
It is obvious that it should happen after changing active tool. But when else?
After changing brush? After changing any tool parameter? Only after picking another Fav item?

Dorothyfan1

Now the question is when app should lose the Favorite item selection.
It is obvious that it should happen after changing active tool. But when else?
After changing brush? After changing any tool parameter? Only after picking another Fav item?

I think the issue might be related to WHEN the brushes panel opens. For example...I can't open the brushes panel when choosing the brush icon on the left side. I can only open the brush panel using the brush SIZE icon on the far right. Intuitively one would think the brush panel should open when choosing one of the brush icons on the LEFT side of the menu bar. Now that the Favorites Preset Toolbar exists it should take precedence over the brush settings listed on the toolbar on the left side. Then you can assign the opening of the brush panel from the icons listed in the menubar. This way there would be no conflict with the Favorite Preset Toolbar listing.

Upon further thought...I think the Preset Favorites Toolbar should allow you to open the Brush Panel as well. Since it houses all your favorite brushes you should be able to open the Brush Panel from here and edit the settings of the brush. Then you can close the Brush panel when finishing editing the settings while the Favorites Preset Toolbar can remain open while using the brush on the canvas. So this means if you select the Brush Panel SEPARATELY without touching the Preset Favorites Toolbar...the actions you take on the brushes are TEMPORARY. So if you open the Brushes panel separately everything done here is relative to the brush setting. But if you open the Favorites Preset Toolbar...and open the Brush Panel from HERE...all the brush settings become permanent because your favorite brushes are listed in the Preset Favorites Toolbar. I think this should be the way to go to avoid confusion.
Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 09:36:23 AM by Dorothyfan1