Author Topic: Version 3.1 BETA  (Read 17225 times)

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Version 3.1 BETA
Reply #15 on: March 19, 2021, 02:25:01 PM
Pin icon - i have never liked Pin in any app, sorry...

Hiding some panel options - yes, i like it, maybe in 3.2

Swipe gestures in Layers - we are going to implement it asap, maybe even in ver 3.1

Top menu abbreviations - you can also use emoticons

Here are my suggestion about design. I paint in Artstudio on daily basis half a year, so its not theoretical but practical vision.

Here on screenshot my ideal sidebar. At the moment, layer panel and color panels are too big and it is not possible to place in a row reference/navigator panel. All unnecessary buttons can me moved under submenu to make panels smaller.

It should be pin lockers on every panel. You can move them accidentally, you can close them accidentally by pressing color icon instead of brush icon. I’d like to have this sidebar all the time without changing.

I think changes above is necessary for cleaner design and usability.

And menu in one line on top bar isn’t necessary, but would be good to have an option to place it like on screenshot. It should be faster and convenient to operate with commands, then placing these TRA, ELA, CLE, INV, etc in top bar. These abbreviations are hard too remember, after several hours of painting I found that it is easier for me to use these actions from quick menu. But still ability to put transform icon on a top bar is cool thing.

Thanks.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #16 on: March 19, 2021, 02:26:02 PM
Will the macos 3.1 version be released with the same tools like warp when the ipad version is released?

Yes, we implemented Warp in both Mac and iOS versions. Version 3.1 for Mac will be released together with iOS, probably in March 29th

lastaccess

Reply #17 on: March 19, 2021, 05:30:38 PM
Pin icon - i have never liked Pin in any app, sorry...

At least, do not close panels on tap on top bar right side icons if they are docked. There are special crosses on each panel for closing them. Duplicating activities can be useful sometimes, but not in this case, I can’t count how many times I accidentally closed panels by tapping these top bar right side icons.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #18 on: March 20, 2021, 09:14:30 AM
Just drag panel a bit to prevent closing it.

lastaccess

Reply #19 on: March 20, 2021, 10:18:10 AM
When you drag a bit it stays on screen. But it closes when you tap on top bar icons on right side. I press them accidentally quite often. When panel is already pinned to screen by dragging it a bit, it should be closing only on [ x] button tapping, not on top bar icons.

And I can explain these accidental touches. On a sketch phase I have all panels closed or only reference panel opened. On a painting phase I have reference and color panel opened. Layers panel is opened if i have enough screen space for this illustration. In this situation accidental mistouches happens too often and that leads to panel closing. So, you spend time to open it and drag a bit to pin. I suppose its bad User Experience. Interface should help people to avoid mistakes.
Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 10:40:53 AM by lastaccess

Endoraniendo

Reply #20 on: March 20, 2021, 10:50:43 AM
It would be nice to have the alternative to save the position of the panels so that when we open a recent project, our layout return to as it was when closing or be able to set a general layout for all projects.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #21 on: March 20, 2021, 12:44:00 PM
Thanks for explanation, we will fix it.

When you drag a bit it stays on screen. But it closes when you tap on top bar icons on right side. I press them accidentally quite often. When panel is already pinned to screen by dragging it a bit, it should be closing only on [ x] button tapping, not on top bar icons.

And I can explain these accidental touches. On a sketch phase I have all panels closed or only reference panel opened. On a painting phase I have reference and color panel opened. Layers panel is opened if i have enough screen space for this illustration. In this situation accidental mistouches happens too often and that leads to panel closing. So, you spend time to open it and drag a bit to pin. I suppose its bad User Experience. Interface should help people to avoid mistakes.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #22 on: March 20, 2021, 12:45:29 PM
Layer locations are saved, so you only have to reopen them... i don’t thino we need another mechanism for that.

It would be nice to have the alternative to save the position of the panels so that when we open a recent project, our layout return to as it was when closing or be able to set a general layout for all projects.

Endoraniendo

Reply #23 on: March 20, 2021, 02:26:17 PM
Yeah. I'm damaged from using Photoshop. :D I'm used to have my tool panels and stuff visible in the position I left them. Can be a bit overkill on iPad though, where you want as much canvas visible as possible. But to have the choice in settings would be a nice feature in the future. On the M1 macs running the iPad version it would be really usefull with big displays and everything. As for now the big system arrow is destroying all the fun on the M1. I wished it could be disabled and only visible when you're not on the canvas. Well, can't have it all. :)
Living in Artstudio Pro all day long, loving it.   

Layer locations are saved, so you only have to reopen them... i don’t thino we need another mechanism for that.

Endoraniendo

Reply #24 on: March 21, 2021, 09:24:29 AM
Macos version don´t show the scrollbar in the brush-selection panel. When working with a tablet it´s impossible to scroll down and I have to use the mouse scrollbutton to get down the list of brushes.

postdes

Reply #25 on: March 23, 2021, 05:52:54 PM
It was quite some time I used ASP, but decided to get the new beta to try: I really like what you have done to the app! I like the fact that I can have multiple panels open (layers, colors) but I must say I would like them to be a bit more compact, especially the color editor. They are a bit too clunky now for my taste. Also I would like to be able to dock them in some way, and be able to open/close the whole sidebar at once... Having read your previous comments its not what you want to do with ASP, but it make my workflow more efficient.

I also like the fact that any action can be added to the top bar. I have set deselect, clear and erase blending mode in it, and this is very helpful for me. One little thing I would like to see is a kind of visual indicator when using the erase blend mode. Right now I can not see which mode is selected, and this might lead me to believe the brush or the program is not working properly, as it does not make marks. It would be solved if the button at the top bar showed some visual change when selected. It only has to be subtle, but it would help.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #26 on: March 24, 2021, 05:11:25 AM
Ok, we will fix it asap

Macos version don´t show the scrollbar in the brush-selection panel. When working with a tablet it´s impossible to scroll down and I have to use the mouse scrollbutton to get down the list of brushes.

lastaccess

Reply #27 on: March 24, 2021, 06:56:57 AM
Quick menu is one of the best thing to speed up interaction with app tools, but it needs some tweaks:

1. I’d make possible to add button of Quick Menu to top bar.
2. I’d make an ability in settings to show quick menu always centered to screen.
3. I’d make buttons in Quick Menu a bit bigger. Perfect way is user can choose appropriate size for his fingers from set of different size or set his own in pixel or slider.

Also, Quick menu can show up only after second touch sometimes. I have it on 4 fingers tap. First 4 fingers tap nothing happens. Second 4 fingers tap and quick menu shows up. I can’t say that is too frustrating, but it is still abnormal behavior.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #28 on: March 24, 2021, 07:34:28 AM
I will wait with these changes a bit...

Quick menu is one of the best thing to speed up interaction with app tools, but it needs some tweaks:

1. I’d make possible to add button of Quick Menu to top bar.
2. I’d make an ability in settings to show quick menu always centered to screen.
3. I’d make buttons in Quick Menu a bit bigger. Perfect way is user can choose appropriate size for his fingers from set of different size or set his own in pixel or slider.

Also, Quick menu can show up only after second touch sometimes. I have it on 4 fingers tap. First 4 fingers tap nothing happens. Second 4 fingers tap and quick menu shows up. I can’t say that is too frustrating, but it is still abnormal behavior.

lastaccess

Reply #29 on: March 25, 2021, 07:24:58 AM
Perspective grid works incorrectly. You can change it but result can’t be saved.
Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 08:28:38 AM by lastaccess